twelve.

{Mature Scenes- Kinda}

"You look like your going to pass out."

"Maybe I will." she looked up at Mr.Malfoy a small frown took over her face. Her stomach churned from the fresh air, the wind was whipping her hair around, as the harsh cool breeze was hitting her face, like a bunch of daggers.

They walked side by side through the garden. The snow had begun falling from the sky, the white flakes landing on their black jackets. Esme stared at him- eyes wide. He looked stunning. His hair messy, grey hues sparkling, and even though he looked tired, he was still perfect. His head tilted down, watching her admire him, and a smug expression spread across his features.

"Maybe you should watch where your walking."

She turned her head confused, then noticed she was about to walk into a bush. He snorted, walking ahead of her. Esme jogged up to him, his long strides allowed him to have an advantage of speed. "Where did you go?"

He stopped walking, almost making her run into his back. His eyes narrowed down towards her, confusion filling his own. He remained silent, so she continued.

"The past two weeks?."

"That's none of your concern."

She sighed, tilting her head back down. Her fingers were red due to the cold, and she shoved them in her pocket, walking forward. She heard his footsteps approach from behind her- he huffed, inhaling loudly and then exhaling.

"Your favourite flower?" He questioned. His deep voice sounded in her ears as he approached closer. She picked up her speed, wanting to keep a distance between them.

"Roses."

"Hm."

When he caught up to her, she hesitated for a second before parting her lips and asking him another question. "And yours Mr.Malfoy?"

He shrugged his shoulders, not responding. Esme's heart wrenched slightly at his reluctance to speak to her. Was he still angry about her being in his room? Was he upset she had hurt herself? 

They continued to walk in silence, but she found herself enjoying it. It wasn't awkward at all, but more so a comfortable silence.

Each time he wasn't looking, she would turn her head up slightly to take in his icy features. His eyes would open in close as he breathed in the cool air. His nostrils flared as it left his lips.When she wasn't admiring him, he would turn his head, peering down at her through his thick lashes. He watched the way she smiled as the snow fell and began to cover the gardens. Her heart would race each time their eyes would meet, making her feel all nervous on the inside.Mr.Malfoy didn't strike her as one to enjoy conversations. He tended to keep to himself, humming quietly. She, on the other hand, hated that. She wished he would talk to her for a small bit of time. Or at least answer her intrusive questions.

His head snapped up as he spun around, walking in the opposite direction. She looked up at him, a confused look spreading across his features. "Someone's entered the wards.". he murmured.

He picked up his speed, his long legs pushing him to walk faster. She stumbled after him, trying to take deep breaths to control the pounding in her heart. The air made her heart constrict up against the rest of her chest as her lungs inhaled the icy bitterness of the morning air. She began heaving loudly, and he stopped in his tracks at the sound of it.

"Can you breathe?".

She nodded, but anger flashed in his eyes. She was lying- and he knew.

"Don't fucking lie to me."