seven.

Draco's hand reached out for hers. Esme kept her eyes on him, accepting his hand. She was completely unaware of everything she was feeling. It seemed like the entire room was spiralling around, and the only thing keeping her steady was the tightness of his grip around her hand. His cool fingers slipped through hers, sending an unusual sensation down towards her core. Steading herself in the middle of the ballroom, she moved her hands up to his shoulders. His arms slipped down to her waist, gently pulling her in closer as the scent of him consumed her senses.

She could smell his cologne mixed with a hint of vanilla as she breathed in the scent of him, almost sighing out loud in content. His stare made her feel slightly dizzy. When she turned back to look at him, she noticed he was staring down at her with a smug smile over his pink lips. She blushed.

He noticed her breathing his scent in.

The violins burst out, playing the music, and her face broke out into a jaw-dropping smile. It was her favourite song of all time. Mr.Malfoy's slipped his left hand into hers, lifting it up in the air. His other remained around her waist. He began gliding across the marble floor, and she followed his feet, naturally following in the path of his footsteps. He was guiding her.

Her heels were secure against her floor. She didn't wobble or fall over because she was dancing. She had danced to this song in heels since she was a child, moving across her room, eyes closed, pretending someone was in her arms. But now, as her eyes opened, she held the gaze of Mr.Malfoy, who was spinning her around the ballroom.

Just like the one she had always dreamed to dance in.

Her heart thumped in her chest, but she felt safe and secure with his arm around her. This moment belonged to him and her. Her face broke out into a large smile, and she giggled in delight. His eyes never left hers, staring into the depth of her brown hues, watching her have fun. Then his expression changed, a small smile covering his lips. They danced gracefully around the ballroom, ignoring the eyes of all who were watching them.

Mr.Malfoy cool touch around her waist was sending a feeling of euphoria throughout her entire body. She was happy. She never shared this type of happiness with Scorpius. His eyes flickered to hers in fear as if he heard her thoughts. She glanced nervously at him, biting her lower lip. Draco's eyes hardened, a certain hunger took over his eyes. Her palms grew sweaty against his, but it didn't matter. He gripped her body tighter, pulling her closer into him.

"I highly enjoy this song."

He smirked at her "As do I."

"You have good taste in music."

"Oh i'm well aware."

She bit her lip to suppress a laugh. Taking note of the way he was doing the exact same.

Her arms begin to feel slightly itchy, but she ignored it, lost in the eyes of Mr.Malfoy. His attention shifted down towards her arms, and his face paled instantly. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion until she turned her head to look at down at her arms as well.

The Scars, Her Scars.

Everyone was going to see them if she didn't leave. She gasped, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"Please get me out, please." She whimpered.

He nodded, his face blank as a sheet.

The glint. The spark. The emotions were all gone.

Draco dropped her hand, immediately pulling her into his arms. Her stomach flipped again, and the warmth of his strong-hold made her feel protected.

"Apparate."