twenty-one.

Esme was distraught. 

The harsh wind had settled down to a faint breeze, a warming sensation taking over the air. The tree's faintly rustled in the distance as the smell of soil and the previous night's rainfall filled the estate's surface. Her eyes locked on the faint outline of the sun rising above the horizon. The sky was glowing as if someone took a paintbrush with the most exquisite colours and threw them out towards the sky. There were tints of pink, blue and white coming together, aligning as one to blend within each other. 

The clouds silently passed without a care in the world. The splashing of the water just beyond the estate caught her attention, as her vision focused on the waves, hitting the sand one after the other. The smell of the ocean area faintly drifted into her nose, and she breathed the saltiness in as if she was being transported elsewhere. 

The only problem was, she was unable to remember where. It was as if she was reliving a memory, but given the smallest details, and the most important ones snatched away from her hold. It was left for her to figure out for herself. But Esme was far too tired. Her eyes were shallow from the lack of sleep over the past few days. Under other circumstances, she would have got down to planning and attempted to figure out how she could remember such a strange sensation. Instead, things had most certainly changed.

Ever since her kiss with Mr.Malfoy, her brain had decided to recall every single detail to exact perfection.

It would start with the way his dainty fingers brushed up against the corner of her mouth, wiping away the excess chocolate that laid upon the skin near her plump lips. Her eyes closed shut as if he was there with her. She could remember how his fingers traced along the outline of her lips and then slightly pulled her bottom one down, sending a peculiar sensation throughout her body. 

Then she remembered his grey eyes. The ones that were always full of intensity and hardness. The ones that held his emotions with a force, ungiving of his purest devotions. She could envision how they immediately switched into a luminescent silver that liquified with such softness it pained her heart. And then the most aching feeling.

When her impulses got the best of her, and she swiftly pressed her lips up against his.

There was a burning sensation in her stomach. He was absent from her presence at the moment, but she could still feel his lips pressed up against hers. She could feel the passion as his warm mouth delivered kisses, one after the one. She could taste the faint peppermint that emitted from his mouth as he tenderly kissed her with softness.

Esme had never been kissed like that before, and perhaps, that was why it was so difficult to push it into the back of her mind and never retrieve it. Or maybe it was because she forgot what it was like to be taken care of, and she was tired and wanted to give in to the most astronomical experiences life has given her after being released from the cell.

Her chest rose and fell as she stared out in the abyss. The world was silent around her. She was blocking out the voices in her head. His voice.

The one that had hurt her the most.

"I have full control of you. Are you really that desperate?"

Yes, she wanted to scream. I am desperate to use you, and you're prolonging my plans by making me feel things I've been trying to push away.