thirty-one.

The waves overlapped one and another, dancing in the moonlight. The waters quickly slipped into beautiful darkness of black ink as the black sky reflected its ownership onto the earth's land. 

Together the two sunk beneath the water- the warmth of it settling amongst their skin's- their clothes drenched. She watches him as he stands under the moonlight—pale skin shimmering like a crystal waterfall as the droplets pour from his hair.

She can't help but admit he looked younger than any time she'd ever seen before. His hair pushed back away from his forehead, dripping with water, held a slight teenage look to his manly features. 

His gaze isn't on her, but his silver eyes twisted magically- as if there was a connection within his being. Under the water, their hands find each other tangling together. She shivers at the coolness of his touch, watching the goosebumps rush down her arms. Her dress clings to her body tightly, outlining her absence of undergarments underneath.

"We should go back inside." her calm voice reflects amongst the rippling waters.

He turns to face her, his face sculpted into a more intricate expression, which is harder to decipher which emotions he decides to show. It's odd the way his persona change's based on the placements they situated themselves in.

He nods, keeping a hold of her hand before walking them to shore. She stands soaked in her dress as he mumbles quick-drying charms for the both of them. 

The silence was deadly, eery in a way, and without a doubt, there is a hoard of thoughts racing through his mind. She wants him to speak and talk to her. But then again, she also respects his space and privacy, and if he wanted to speak, he would.

"Everything alright?" she murmurs.

His eyes flash, scanning her features, "Yes." Her face falls in disappointment from the evident distance in his voice, as if he hadn't spent an entire day with her. 

 He leans in, pressing a kiss to her forehead, and she closes her eyes, breathing in his scent. His lips melt into her skin- perhaps like they belong. Her body and soul was his for the taking. Without another word, Draco apparates them back inside. They land in his bedroom, and he releases a sigh, "I need to finish up some work. I'll come to bed soon."

"Are you sure everything is alright?"

He sends her a smile, but it looked forced, his eyes tightened in exhaustion, "Of course, darling."

She takes a step back, and her eyes locked with his as he murmurs apparate; he gives her a reassuring look before his body disappears, leaving her alone once again.

Deciding on what to do, Esme trails into his bathroom. She discards her dress standing naked as she waits for the water of the shower to warm up. Her body is cold, chilled as ice due to the after-effects of being in the water for so long. 

Secretly a part of her wishes, Draco would come back to the room and shower with her. But he has other thoughts on his mind that he needed to tend to. It was important to him, and it was vital for her to respect his privacy. As much as she wanted to prie, she's contained the itching feeling tingling in her body and begging for an outcome source. But at the same time, she fears he will pull away. 

That he will soon become bored of being with someone much younger than him, and this charade of emotions they had given into would fade among the rest of him, leaving her standing in the remains of his dust. 

She was a shadow of his infatuation, a candlelight burning so intensely for him. She hoped he would burn brighter to see the everlasting remains of the wax sculpt into brilliance.