1|| The Mysterious Disappearance of Two Friends

When the sun rose over the hills in Great Britain, two sudden missing reports to the police station from different towns at the crack of dawn alerted them. 

What they thought to be a harmless event of teenagers running away, became serious when the main headquarters caught wind of the mystery, spotting the small similarity in both cases.

The authorities swarmed their homes to investigate thinking it was a case of eloping or running away since both of the teens are discovered to be best friends but there were no signs of struggling nor a break-in, everything was normal other than their burnt-out computer, Even the CCTVs from the neighbour and the whole block showed them nothing, it wasn't looping as well. 

It was no doubt the most confuzzling case they have received, they took their computer in their custody to check for any suspicious actions that can use as a lead in their investigation.

But the only thing they were able to connect was the last activity they did, which is a twitch stream. They tried to search for the channel but their efforts were futile since there was no IP address to track nor an account to see. The channel dissipated into thin air that even the staff of the streaming website failed to track it down from their archive of account names and emails used to create accounts.

They wanted to give up the case until they received some intel about old but similar cases from a different continent, so they continued. Two days after the report, the authorities then contacted their internet friends to squeeze out some information from them but instead caused panic at the news. Some of them rushed to their homes to have a check for themselves.

One of those people is a tall, British lad by the name of William, also known as Wilbur Soot on the Internet. With the teenagers being his internet little brothers, he felt extremely devastated when he found out about their sudden disappearance.

With his help, the two teenagers' social media was opened by the authority to post an excuse for not streaming for a while and to delete the last interaction they both had online, the tweet was exchanged with their excuse they were taking a break from the internet to prioritize their upcoming tests which rose questions in the community about having their semester tests at the same week when their schools are on a different part of the country.

Not to mention that Tubbo has temporarily stopped school to pursue his career in streaming.

Until one day, while browsing twitch for a stream to raid, Wilbur saw a stream named "illios" that has no viewers and had a blank thumbnail. He checked the channel and all he could see was nothing but an ongoing Livestream. His mouse cursor hovered the media. 

Hesitating whether he should watch the stream when an idea of sending his viewers to the small account hit him. But the black thumbnail made him feel weird, it was suspicious so he opened a new tab to find a different person to raid.

After the search, he closed the extra tab and found himself staring at the same blank background of the stream. Fingers itching to click on it and see what it was but then the lights suddenly went down, suddenly thrusting him into the darkness that was unwelcomed during that time of night.

"Power's gone!" His roommate shouted from the other room.

Wilbur pulled his phone from the pocket of his pants, opening his flashlight to illuminate the area. His eyes lingered on his monitor before standing up to meet his roommate outside to discuss what they should do about the power outage.

That night he laid restless in his bed, tossing around as he wondered if his friends' IP's were tracked. Their last tabs were a twitch stream they tuned in to, he was sure it was as suspicious as the one he saw before. Though the authorities said that there were no suspicious CCTV footage, he kept mulling over the idea. For days, he contemplated the idea for hours on end before pulling up his discord to message a trusty friend, Philza, to discuss it with the older male before he goes crazy with his pouring thoughts and suspicions.

The man agreed with the idea of the two teenagers getting tracked after a few minutes of debate. But not wanting to lose another friend, the older male told him not to watch any stream that seems suspicious as they can't afford to lose another person in the group, not when many people look up and watch them for comfort during these harsh times.

Unbeknownst to them, one has already disappeared after watching a different stream the day before the news was broken into the group.

Throwing all his worries and skepticism, he opened his laptop and typed in 'Twitch'. After it loaded up, the first thing that caught his eyes was the twitch channel that plagued his thoughts for the past few days, he mulled over the idea of letting anyone know what he's about to do but he was scared that the stream might end if he doesn't act on it now, deciding to message them later, he clicked on the livestream.

His stomach churns just thinking about what might happen to him, human trafficking, kidnapping or being gutted. He doesn't know what, but he wishes for none of them.

His heart was pounding rapidly in his chest, so loud, he could hear the pulse in his ears as the screen loaded with the video that only contains the golden luck cat with its paw going up and down in what seems like an unending loop. It was weird that Wilbur felt compelled to continue watching, so he leaned on his chair and stayed.

Even with the clawing boredom and drowsy feeling rising along with the urge of clicking away clawing at the back of his head, he continued, thinking that the hacker was just taking its sweet time deciding whether they should kidnap him, a 6'5 male.

He shifted in his seat, bringing up a leg on top of the left as he nervously waited for his fate to show up. He stared at his screen, chewing his bottom lip, waiting as his forefinger rubs it absentmindedly. There was no audio playing in the background, just the ongoing loop of the golden feline figurine.

His eyes started to flutter shut as he felt the weight in his eyelids, yet he continued to watch the lucky cat before focusing on the rising and falling paw.

Up down up down up down

Blowing a stray hair from his bangs, he shifted once more in his seat, putting his leg down to bounce it, as he started to regret wasting his time watching a looped stream instead of editing something for tomorrow.

As he waits, a sudden thought protrudes his mind:

"Maybe it's a different stream? And this is just a troll..."

Then from behind, he heard a muffled but loud bang that brought him up to his feet, startled. With his left hand clutched on his chest, he called for his roommate.

"David?!"

"Sorry!" His roommate shouts back, muffled by the wall between them.

He let out a relieved sigh with the exhale, his tense shoulders loosened. He eyed his bedroom door suspiciously when he heard a faint beep from his computer, stealing his attention to the bright monitor to see the paw had stopped moving, frozen mid-air. 

The hair at the back of his neck stood in attention as he caught the scent of petrichor, the smell after the rain was too familiar to him as it was almost always rainy in the United Kingdom.

But why now? Why now, when it's night and dry?

Beep!

It was faint, but it's loud enough to be picked up by his ear. He sat down on his chair again, putting his headset on when the beep came once more but now a little louder and longer than before.

Beeeep!

The noise started up again, but the intermission between the last beep was shorter than the previous one. It started picking up the pace, fueling up the anxiety that just started simmering.

And before he knew it, the noise came but now bombastically louder and nonstop, piercing his eardrums and creating a painful headache with the sound alone.

Instinctively, he pushed the headset away, but the headache remained with him as he folded on his chair with a pained moan while his ears rang. He muttered a swear under his breath as he clutched his head. The ringing seems to get louder than the first time it came. 

He started losing sense of what is happening around him and if he fell from his chair he didn't realise he had because all he could focus on was the excruciating headache he was having.

He let out a pained groan and as if the pain had reached its climax, the walls started crumbling down and with them, he falls into the void beneath them, he blacked out.