48|| The Day Before the War

The small table felt a little larger with their new ally's leaders arriving and Wilbur attending in Tubbo's stead. Phil felt a little overwhelmed despite the small numbers that were added to their small strategy gang.

Iskall had to back out at the last minute to discuss traps with Jack and Tubbo, as well as a few crazy scientists from the underground town.

When the rest of the members of Cogchamp arrived one by one, Ranboo and Foolish's appearances gave Bad and Skeppy a heart attack during their morning jog when the two boys greeted them early in the morning.

Turns out, they died so that Ponk and Sam could have the artifacts needed for the war.

After them came Dream's team, who won, yet was unsatisfied and angered. Sapnap had flames lashing out of his body as he stomped to his house, leaving his friends, who asked the others to wait for the next strategy meeting so everyone would hear the information they have gained.

Phil wanted to pry more once they arrived, but if Sapnap got pissed for the whole trip back because of it, then it must've been terrible. He wanted to keep his positive vibe a little longer.

But when he heard the information, the porcelain cup in his hand completely broke, startling everyone near him.

The day Ponk and Sam finally came back was a mess, they cried holding Ranboo and Foolish to their chest screaming their apologies on the top of their lungs and embarrassing their targets.

Puffy's team thundered into the city the next day and Schlatt destroyed a golem Wilbur was trying to make with Tubbo and Ranboo before he went straight for the training grounds to let off some steam.

Their news wasn't like the others who reigned victorious at a costly price. Herobrine gained the power orb from the Sky Castle and that Tommy was with him, forcing them to retreat because of the unanticipated event.

Because of the overwhelming anger that Schlatt and Sapnap had accumulated, Mumbo's obsidian training room became a popular area that week.

Puffy insisted that it wasn't good that they were tearing each other apart before the big day but Phil let the two steam off their ire, eventually their targets turned to Bad's shadows who drained the man off of his energy at how much Sapnap has eliminated them again and again.

The shadows can continue reviving as long as Bad could handle his mana, although it brought him to his knees on many occasions, he continued to let them. He wanted to train himself.

Soon, many people ended up joining the obsidian room to practice. Y/N and Ponk used the darkness to hide and attack more perfectly with the rabid Sapnap and Schlatt scouring the area, helping them sharpen their senses.

Because of this, Niki discovered a way to reduce her mana usage when healing, and Wilbur found the faults in his summoned entities, making quick work to fix them.

After a week, the last squad arrived with an army from the underground city behind them. The sudden flood of people overwhelmed the kitchen staff and Phil, but their leader luckily brought a few extra hands on the sidelines.

What was once a small town multiplied almost tenfold as tents and houses sprouted up, a new artificial island popping up beside the mainland.

It's only temporary, but to keep almost three hundred people on one island, they need to make another one before they leave the next day.

Their travel had to be postponed for a night so the newcomers could rest and to let Iskall bond with his friends, who now returned to their jolly attitudes.

And after days of travelling through many biomes, slashing through many mobs and tense nights. They finally found themselves at the beginning of the barren lands where the dark castle rested in the middle of the biome. It was risky to stop there, but it was getting dark and they had to rest and start strategizing.