*38|| Start of Something New

"No no no, I ask," The man then points at the redstone inside the walls, "Who did this?"

"Mumbo and Iskall."

"Idiots! They should've done better. I mean look at this rubbish!" He flailed his hands, enraged by the fact that they got attacked by one single man while being a huge group with all the flashy and guaranteed god-killer defences.

After Y/N and Karl spotted the male, the both of you searched around for Sam to find him and Phil just behind you, they were notified by Phil's crows.

But this time, Phil took the time to interrogate the other British male because the last time they let one in, the town ended up destroyed.

Turns out, Jack has been in the area for quite a long time already, by that he means almost two years in Minecraft times, hiding in an underground bunker in the sea and made sure no one would detect or get in without him knowing. So when he heard the muffled explosions and the ground rumbling out of the blue, he knew something was wrong.

No one's idiotic enough to set off bombs when they know a lot of monsters that exist in the day can devour them.

"What do you mean? It seems like a good–"

"Forget about it, where are they?" He turned to the winged male who just nudged his head to the town behind them. jack then knocked his heels together that made the two look down at his air max, pixel by pixel, metal covered the surface of the shoes that soon spreads to the sides and turned into a snowboard.

And then he floats, a couple of inches from the floor.

Not even waiting for his tour guides, he zoomed into the area with his board. Phil and Sam shared a look before following the new member into the town. He might've disappeared from their sight but they had the faint idea where he must've headed, but when they reached the heart of the city, they found the male standing in front of the hallow protection totem.

The two watched as the other surveyed the item before letting out a sigh and waving his hand for a small floating square to appear. It then started chirping on his shoulder, confusing the duo because Jack started to talk to the creature, well, nod at whatever it told him.

"So this was the source of the shield?"

"Ah no, we used to have an elemental orb," Sam said pointing at the hollow middle of the item.

"You guys didn't even try to fully activate it."

Phil was about to ask what made him think so but it quickly died down in his throat when Jack's hand reached up to the swirl just above the empty space before tracing it from the inside out. Tapping the end of the spiral in an unfamiliar tune causing it to roar to life, the carved symbol glowed faintly before spreading to the rest of the totem.

Jack stuck out his palm to Sam making the other look at his hand with furrowed eyebrows, when he felt nothing on his hand, he turned to the creeper hybrid.

"Where is it?" He questioned, wiggling his fingers while Sam eyed it like it has insulted his whole bloodline.

"Where is what?"

"You guys must've at least have a spare orb."

It was Phil who procured the ball of water, gently handing it to him. Jack looked back at the stand before cautiously placing it inside the hollow space.

The pillar made a humming noise, root-like lights spreads from the heart of the totem before it flashed baby blue and shot out a beam to the sky. Just seeing the shield back took some weight off of Phil's shoulder. He was glad someone was able to fix the totem, they all feared that it can't function anymore and that they have to find materials to create another one, a process no one wants to go through when its materials are hard to acquire.