42|| Explosions and Showdowns

Happy pride month everyone! Remember that all of you is valid and the people who say otherwise are wrong. Be gay, do crimes :D

~~~~~~~~

"How much dark iron do we have to find?"

"As much as we could, Phil said it's a necessity to create powerful weapons," Mumbo answered as he placed down the last TNT in the block-wide narrow tunnel before taking a few steps back.

His skin was covered in perspiration, the heat of the underground and the nether itself felt suffocating to everyone. If it wasn't for Sapnap directing the heat away from their skin, they would've been long charred.

"How long have we been here?" Grian asked for the umpteenth time as he placed a block in front of Mumbo before stepping back, leaving Sapnap to walk towards the red block to ignite it with his own fire.

The three of them rushed a couple few meters away from the area, eyes fixated at the red block that flashed white before it bulge out and exploded.

Blocks rained after the continuous chain of explosions. Lava from random areas flows down into the crater they created with the TNT left some flying ancient debris either alone or clustered with two more. Although it's not bad to find some, it's not necessarily needed since they're already perfectly equipped with netherite tools and armour, still, it won't hurt to mine extras.

What they need to find, however, is in a form of dark grey ingrained into the netherrack. They just need to smelt it in order to attain the element they require for Iskall's arm and weapons in the future. Blaze rods are long crossed off the list for they have gathered enough to create twelve enderpearls yet have a few more left for weapons or any other things that they might need.

"I don't even know how long we've been here, I just wanna go home," Sapnap whined while building up to mine the ancient debris on the ceiling.

"Maybe let's finish harvesting this lane then we'll go home."

"Yeah, I think we gathered enough." Grian adds to Mumbo's suggestion.

Then from behind, a series of panicked snort of a pig screeched into the small mine. Grian and Mumbo spun around with weapons equipped, ready to fight off the hoglins that must've spawned only to see a baby pigman cornered by a few monsters with huge protruding fangs that overlapped their bottom lip, black horns curled back and red skin emitting puffs of white smoke.

"What the bloody hell is that?!" Grian exclaimed beside Mumbo who only stared in horror as the monsters grabbed the baby pigman on its every limb, pulling him apart.

Sapnap, who just finished taking the ancient debris, then turned to the phenomenon his friends were staring at in horror. 

Without even thinking, he leapt beside them and stomped towards the argument, not even paying any attention to the other's cry for him to stay put.

"Hey!" 

The monsters stopped to turn to him, their growls silencing as Sapnap approaches them. "Let the pigman go you monsters!" 

Sapnap raised his flame covered fist but before he could even make throw it at them, the monsters started making clicking sounds, tilting their head from side-to-side.

When it stopped and the goopy scales on their back stood at attention, Sapnap's fist stopped mid-air as he watched their body language, they had black beads for eyes that trembled just a little at the sight of him, webbed and pointy fingers curling to a fist as if it was suppressing the urge to fight.

Why aren't they fighting him?

Sapnap raised an eyebrow as he watches them scatter after a few clicks, the baby pigman fell to the netherrack bridge they created. With a weak sequence of squeals, the small mob then ran towards Sapnap making the fire elementalist flare his flame, ready to fight until the small mob simply hid behind him.