17|| Run Phil, Run

He flinched as he heard a body get thrown down on the floor, hands shaking in fear as he kept his eyes on the blond on the ground, lips bruised and cut with a swollen dark eye. Tubbo hates himself.

He hates himself for just standing there like a coward, shaking like a wet pup while his best friend laid on the stone brick floor, bloodied and bruised. Tommy shouldn't have visited Wilbur in the first place, now it might disrupt Tubbo's cover. If they found out he was just faking everything, they cannot escape this forsaken castle, all those exhausting mental activities he does at night to keep the backlash of the spell at bay for nothing.

Alexis took a step back from the boy on the floor whose eyes was trained on Tubbo who was on the verge of crying, he wanted to look away, to ignore the pained and misty expression Tommy held in his eyes. But Tubbo found himself petrified, eyes wide as he stared back at his friend.

Wilbur, Tubbo wished the man could forgive them for betraying him. The spell got too much for him to handle and he was pushed back in the dark, pounding on the metal door to let him out. He did, but he came back to his senses when Wilbur was already being carried away. Now Ranboo, he assumed is the new Prince of the End, he's in danger, and Tubbo wanted to bust out of this castle to warn his friend but with how tight the security is and how the white-eyed devil seemed to have his eyes on every crevice of the castle, he wasn't able to do anything without risking.

"Is there anything I should know of, Tubbo?"

The cool voice of the king sent shivers down his spine, pulling him back from his thoughts. Tubbo looked up at the king, who seemed satisfied by the expression he was making.

"None sir" Tubbo answered, voice cracking making him curse internally, he was trying his best not to break, their future outside the walls relies on him.

The man chuckled darkly, eyes intense as he scrutinized the teenager in front of him, Tubbo averted his gaze to the floor, intimidated by the stare. "You know, I really liked you Tubbo..." The man spoke with light footsteps followed.

"You're strong, obedient and honest."

"Th-thank you, sir." Tubbo doesn't know how to react but to thank him for his compliments.

Stand still, don't move suspiciously! He internally screamed at himself, trying to suppress the trembles that ran down his body. When a hand was slammed down on his shoulder, making him stumble with how strong it came.

"But it seems my favourite Tubbo has disappeared." The grip on his shoulder tightened, making him wince in pain.

"But I'll let you be like that," This injected waves of questions into Tubbo's mind as he kept staring at the mossy floor.

"You won't do anything stupid right?" The man questions as he bent down to Tubbo's level, his intense stare making Tubbo squirm underneath his gaze. The man then whispered to his ear, "Not when Tommy and Wilbur are in danger"

Shocks ran down his spine as his eyes widened in fear, his body shook, unable to suppress his terror just thinking about what Herobrine could do to his friends. This reaction made the white-eyed devil chuckle darkly before he spun around to leave. Only to pause by the doorway, looking at the teenager over his shoulder.

"Clean him up will you? We need to head out in an hour" With that, the king left. Alexis' gaze lingered on Tubbo, warm and concerned before he let out a huff and followed his father out of the dungeon.

When the metal door closed behind them, Tubbo fell to his knees as the tears he tried to keep, burst out from his eyes. He crawled towards Tommy's body, gently placing his head on his lap before his hands hovered over his bruised lips. Tubbo stared at his closed eyes through his blurred sight caused by his tears as it hits his friend's eyelashes that kissed his pale cheekbones.