*13|| Late Night Talks

After Skeppy and Bad had the layout and settled into the treehouse, it was time for dinner. 

While everyone talked their thoughts on the dining table, you eyed Techno who sat opposite of you. His gaze seemed blank and unblinking as he focused on the space between your and his plates. Occupied by his thoughts, his food barely touched in his place in between his hands on the table.

The two new players, unfortunately, have to sleep on the couches in the living room because there was no free space in the living quarters.

All those weeks and days you've survived under Techno's protection and hearing gossip from the villagers, you have the faint idea of what he's thinking about and it includes staying up all night and building.

And you're not on board with it.

The man was the one who mostly did the mining, and because of it, you guys obtained half a stack of diamonds and sixteen iron blocks. Since the beginning, he was the one who carried it all, and now he's gonna sacrifice his sleep just to build a room.

You get it why though, but he needs to rest, he provided most of you with almost everything already.

He wasn't wearing a mask, he always removes them as soon as he enters the house. His eyebrows were pushed closer than usual as his nose occasionally crunches like a pig snorting, but the most notable action he was doing was the mindless nibbling of his bottom lips.

He's probably getting a little freaked out by the volume the guests have accumulated from their cheerful reunions.

Then comes a gentle tap on your shoulder and so you twist to your side where you meet with a pair of grey.

Karl shyly smiled and waved gingerly as if he wanted to shrink from the attention, you waved back and returned your attention to your friend.

They were all laughing but you have no idea of what made them react like that. Absorbed in trying to pry Techno's head open, not literally.

Sensing your stare, his gaze lifts up and you quickly avert your attention to the boisterous ram sat by the end of the table, his laughter full of mirth as he cradles a pale of wine in one hand and a forked chicken piece in the other.

Techno's questioning look burns a hole through your head but after a silent debate, he shrugged and picked up his fork to begin feasting.

You didn't bother looking back at him, but while you were watching Schlatt you were quick to notice Karl's almost longing stare directed at the untouched garlic bread on Skeppy's plate.

But with the diamond boy's attention diverted, Karl could've snuck it off his plate but he's probably scared of being caught, however, upon seeing his hand by the battlefield, he seems like he's about to snatch it.

Interested by his stealth mission, your eyes darted from his creeping hands and to Skeppy, who's still immersed by Quackity and Bad's quarrel.

When Skeppy's head started to turn to his plate, you kicked into action.

"Bad, OH MY GOD THERE'S A SPIDER ON YOUR CLOAK!"

Skeppy, being the closest to him, then shot up, banging his knee on the table in the process. But with that, came Karl's chance to swipe the garlic bread and eat it before the diamond boy could even notice it.

Bad, who was told to have a spider in his cloak, barely reacted and calmly searched the fabric with his hands. It was impressive how he wasn't even fazed by it.

"There's nothing, must've been dust or something..."

Schlatt, who was able to catch Karl snatching the garlic bread, snickered.