31|| The Mysterious Cave

"So ... what happened down there?" Grian asked unsure whether he should question Fundy's traumatic incident as he led the fox away, his arm around the other's neck. The hybrid lets out a loud exasperated groan.

"It was deep and dark, colder than the night!"

"There must be something more to it. The cave's so deep surely something must be in it." Mumbo said as he walked mindlessly in front of everyone, arms crossed.

"Let's check it out."

"Haha no, not again!" Fundy exclaimed, shaking his head profusely as he stopped walking, taking Grian with him.

"How 'bout we visit Niki and ask her to calm you down a little?" Mumbo suggested as the fox went silent, thinking about his idea thoroughly.

"Nope, still no. Absolutely nope." Fundy spoke up after a moment of silence, Grian just nodded as he pats the hybrid's back to comfort him. The other two, however, stared at him and the blond before Mumbo spoke.

"Then we'll do it."

"Do what?" Sapnap's voice chimed in from behind, they turned around to see him approaching them from the protection totem in the city's heart where Dream and Sam were, seemingly discussing something.

"We found a giant cave, and we wanted to explore it. Wanna come?" Mumbo asks, making the raven hair's lips tilt to the side before he responds.

"Oh, you know how to make my heart race."

---------------

Iskall placed water on the hole before looking around, trying to pass the time of waiting for it to touch the ground. Fundy wanted to stay up on the surface but his curiosity led him back to where his demise came to him while clinging on to poor Mumbo as if his life depended on it.

Sapnap, ever impatient, ended up pulling a dagger out to throw it up in the air and catch it before the pointy end could wound him. Grian watched in awe while Iskall has found interest in the water with the whirs of his eyepiece filling the silence. His robotic left eye calculating how deep the drop would be and how long it'll take for the water to touch the ground. And after a few beats of silence, Iskall turned to his group.

"Ok everyone, remember to stick together–" Iskall wasn't able to finish his sentence when Sapnap jumped down the water stream, submerging himself under the surface in under a millisecond.

Grian next followed along with Iskall after a beat. The Swedish looked around, his eyes widening as his jaw fell slack at the sight that was blessed upon him.

Pillars of softly glowing blue crystals decorated the dimly lit cave. But there was one huge purple spike that grew from the floor, seeming to be hiding something behind it. Glowing vines scattered around the ceiling, showcasing the unusual curves of the cave. Sapnap below was confused as ever, not knowing what to do when there are no mobs coming for him like it usually does for the past few months he's been trapped in the simulation. He was sure they're able to spawn at how dim it was but he guessed he was wrong.

Sapnap looked down at the small pebble that glowed a pretty pink beside his shoes, confusing him even further with how a simple rock is being portrayed as something beautiful. When everyone had gathered behind him, he turned to face them.

"Where the hell are we? There are no monsters here." He states, voice bouncing off the tall stone walls before his eyes landed on a cluster of amethyst crystals on the ground, crouching beside it.

"Wait there's literally nothing." Fundy tilts his head back, sticking his nose up in the air, trying to find a stench even the slightest smell of a mob anywhere. But none, nothing at all.