25|| Warning From A God

It was the odd air and the unusual brightness of the sun that confirmed that Dream wasn't awake in the overworld. Along with the elevating islands in front of him. He was spawned near the edge. That if the wind blew strong enough, he'd probably stumble and fall.

He watched as a group of white manta rays flew beneath the land he was standing at, but what caught his eyes was the weird circular marks on their back. Each ray held a different design, some geometric and some tribal.

They were beautiful, he wished to tame them with how majestic they look.

He then turned around to see glowing tips of the grass beneath him. His eyes soon landed on a c-curved stem with a levitating blue orb in the middle. Small glimmering particles surrounded him, he thought it came from the leaning willow tree above him.

Then he heard a whale's earth shattering call, attracting his gaze to the pearl white mammal that flew gracefully in the sky. The gigantic animal shielding his eyes from the intense light that used to beat through his skin not a few moments ago. The small area around him submerged into shadows.

The place was all in all peaceful, ethereal and holy. He felt like a huge ass for being standing in this realm, ashamed that a man with blood stained hands was seeing such a wonderful sight.

But why is he here? He could remember passing out in his tent, exhausted from all the walking and fighting he did on their way home.

Most importantly, who brought him here?

"I did" Dream spun around in shock, eyes widening at the familiar voice he heard.

Dream's breath hitched as he stared back at the same white mask with the same smiley face. But instead of a hoodie, the man had a green cape that reached down to the back of his knees. While the rest of his outfit was drowned in white with some gold linings on every entrance.

It was him but at the same time not.

This person was more sophisticated, more… god-like.

"DreamXD?" He called out, unsure.

How did his other persona become a god while he stays worrying for his lessening hunger icons and health.

"As much as I'd love to train you, we have no time to chit chat my clone–"

"Excuse me, 'my' clone?" Dream interrupts, confused by the term the other man just used.

He's the fake one? Dream could almost laugh at the thought. He was the creator of this character, he's sure he's the real one, because he has the memory of the life outside this simulation. Unless his soul was split into two...

"I am you and you are me, I know everything you know." The man replied in a stern tone, as if he could read Dream's mind. He then pulled up his hologram to show a timer ticking down, making Dream's stomach churn uncomfortably as he watch the seconds lessen.

"I don't know how much time I have left before he finds me."

He?

"Wa-Wait what–"

"Herobrine is hunting down every god in this realm, and soon, it'll be my time to go." The man explained as he offered up his gloved hand.

"Time to go? Where are you going?"

Dream watched as a light blue orb slowly formed in his empty palm. Particles of black popping out of thin air to orbit around it, like the moon do to earth.

"I want you to have a small part of my ability." The god said, ignoring his question. The latter eyed the matter with suspicion.

Surely there's more to this, no god would just hand out his powers like that.