3|| New World

It is prickly and soft, the surface you're laying at you thought.

You could hear the clucking of what seems like a dozen of chickens, moos of cows and the occasional 'meh' from a herd of sheep. The wind picked up a pace and you could feel it kiss your skin and gently ruffle the leaves above you. There were passing shadows and lights behind your eyelids as the smell of a rose passed by your nose.

Your eyes parted only to see the sun hiding behind the branches of leaves. The sudden exposure to a bright light made you close it once more with a wince before sitting up, rubbing your eyes gently to prepare them for the world.

But once you opened them again, you were quick to notice the odd shapes of the trees and the land laid in front of you. Blocks. Leaves? Group of green cubes.

The tree trunks? Trunk designed blocks placed on top of each other

Wait, why is everything blocky and pixelated?? You ask yourself as you feel something underneath your fingers, something soft.

You looked down at your hand to see red rose petals peeking under your spread fingers; you removed your hand to see a squished flower underneath; you felt sorry for the poor flower when your eyes landed on the shape of your hands.

It was odd, your skin was navy blue. Nails are sharp and there were black spots on some part of your arm, making you look alien. But still relieved that your limbs were still normal-looking. You wiggled your fingers before looking up to survey the area, taking in the scenery of a dark oak forest as the realization settled in.

"Am-Am I in Minecraft?" You asked yourself, thinking that you might be dreaming, you slapped yourself. There are still blocks. You raised your palm to hit yourself again when a sound erupted from behind.

"You're in Minecraft!"

The sudden jolly voice made you jump away from your previous spot with both fist clenched next to her chest as you find yourself staring at a woman who has steampunk goggles on the top of her head, acting as a headband to her bubblegum pink hair that barely reaches her ears, she was slightly bent over to level herself with you.

"Who the fuck are you?!"

"Name's Alex, how about you?" She thrust her hand for you to shake with a beaming smile so infectious it made you mirror her expression as you take her hand.

"Y/N" You answered as you shake it.

"Nice name"

"So where exactly am I again?" You asked as she pulled you up with startling strength, letting go of you once you have stood on your feet. Now that you're standing, you noticed the major height difference you hold against the other woman.

You started dusting your clothes from the dirt and grass that might've stuck to them before looking past the vegetation deep in the dark oak forest. You looked around to see tall jungle trees just past the hill, littered with fresh flowers in different colours and sizes.

"Minecraft"

"You really weren't joking?" Y/N question as you look down at the holographic watch that clung to your wrist, tapping at it making a vast screen popped out, scaring you. Still, you continued fiddling with the device. It was your inventory it seems. There were a lot of empty boxes and your character placed in the top middle of the screen surrounded by the empty slots with parts of an armour and different jewellery options illustrated on it.

"I hope I was, to be honest..."

"How do we escape? We just beat the ender dragon, right?"

"Not sure, but there are multiple dragons here, we can try one of them." That made you snap your head at the pink-haired female at the trivia, the confusion in your face was all it took before she spoke once more.