52|| Victory of the Lost Players

Special Chapter have to wait. Unfortunately, I caught the writer's block so it's stuck at 20% completion. But here's a new chapter, hope you enjoy :DD

~~~~~~

Wilbur glowered over the pained, pink-haired woman beneath his feet.

Truthfully, he didn’t plan on ever hurting Alex since she never took part in the torture fest that only damaged the only humans in the dark castle; she was, however, the reason he now dragged along the burden of many deaths on his shoulders.

He doesn’t want to harm her, but in a fight where their freedom from the realm is on the line, he can’t take any chances. A sly sorceress who pretended to be a human from the physical world. He really can’t stomach looking at her for too long.

“Any last words, Alex?”

“I don’t think I have any, all the people I ever adored… The-they’re safe from me…” she said, head turning in the direction where the castle lives. “I do hope… that my little butterfly has grown wings large enough... to-to go against a storm…”

Wilbur almost felt bad killing the NPC, the teary and longing gaze he held tugging the strings on his heart. He knows how hard it is to lose someone, but for them to demolish his dearest village just to capture him will always play in his head until the day he dies. With a heavy sigh, he asked her.

“Want me to deliver a message to this ‘little butterfly’ you speak of?”

The woman’s head snapped towards him in bewilderment, not expecting his generous offer while on the battlefield. As tears streamed down her eyes like a river, a grateful smile tugged her lips.

“Te-tell Y/N…” Wilbur’s breath hitched at the name, disbelief coating his gaze. There’s a lot of questions he wanted to ask, but he didn’t.
“Th-that… I enjoyed her company, tr-truly… Sh-she made me realise how important life is when my darling died, te-tell her I… that I’m so-sorry.”

Her pained gasps and sobs became louder. She was about to go, yet there was a smile on her lips, as if she'd been waiting for this moment for so long. Wilbur then wondered about how you and this sorceress met in the first place, but before he could even inquire more about it, her eyes then turned hollow as she took her last breath, skin chipping off into specks of dust that the passing breeze took away.

With the revelation, Wilbur then falls silent as his thoughts overcome him.
Were you a traitor from the start?

No… You’ve been with Technoblade and the others for almost a year. If you were one of them, they would’ve noticed, right?

“Hey Wilbur, what are you thinking about?”

“Hey Quackity, I was thinking—WAIT!”

Wilbur snapped his head to the man, a head shorter than him with eyes wide in surprise while the shapeshifter only stared back at him with nothing but pure joy that shot shocks down Wilbur’s spine.

“Holy shit…”

“Surprise~” the man said with jazzy hands.

Before Quackity could even process what was happening, the ground beneath him then rose to mold into his small figure that held him down like a vice, a pitchy scream leaving his lips as he registers the immediate danger he put himself in by talking to Wilbur first.

He knew he should’ve talked to Tubbo first. He wouldn’t hurt him like the older brunet would… right?

“How did you get here?” Wilbur questions with his fiery sword pointed straight at Quackity’s neck that the earth trap left out in the open.