*30|| Collide

After the welcoming party, the Mount Hermit gang received after their arrival at Cogchamp with the Dream team, some of them have settled except the builders from the mountain, who were disgusted by the number of holes left unfilled after the duels between the fox and the creeper hybrid, the lazily built houses with barely any details other than slabs and stairs in the wood of their choice.

So while the inner circle composed of Phil, Puffy, Eret and Dream would talk about the next plan of action, the three hermits and Niki have decided that they will be fixing the city.
The others let them in with no hesitation after seeing and hearing the subtle jabs they'd throw here and there during the tour of the town the morning after the party.

It was a scary sight to see Mumbo's eyes twitch at the sight of the buildings and the weak redstone mechanism by the insubstantial walls that are nothing but three thick layers of plain stone bricks. In a world where dragons and powers exist, that can be easily taken down with pickaxes.

The city might have a magic force field shielding it but there's nothing wrong with upgrading your backup defences.

The builder group went to search around for Sam to question the reason for having the flimsy machines because he's known to be more familiar with the element but along with Ponk, he was found missing.

It would've driven them into a panic until Phil told them that Techno's gang is expected to arrive in a day, and with them, are the absent Cogchamp members. So they took that information in and continued on with their lives.

With the creeper man absent, Fundy came down to the new mining area with the three Hermits. He had keen senses and could hear if there's any lava they could possibly fall into, which is a good skill to have when mining.

It has been a good half an hour since they have started excavating and so far, they have mined a chest full of stones and have their enchanted diamond pickaxes living at the edge.

Their arms ached, they wanted to rest but they needed to fill five double chests at least. While Mumbo and Iskall carried on with their mining, Fundy and Grian had resigned to rest half a hundred blocks away from the working men.

"Are you guys seriously just gonna watch us mine?" Mumbo questioned the two who sat on the floor.

"Yeah, we'll help later, rest first" Fundy answered as he pulled out a pouch of berries, Iskall let out a huff, turning to Mumbo with a frustrated look.

"Just turn."

"What?" The suited male asked, confused.

"Go big, smash through this all." Iskall motioned his hand to the five blocks wide hole, the implication the Swede has said makes Mumbo splutter.

"No! I haven't even got hold of it yet!"

"What is it?" Fundy whispered to Grian, offering his berries at the same time.

"Mumbo can be like the Hulk. He is still trying to control it." Grian explains as he took a handful from the pouch that suddenly went limp but the fox wasn't aware and tried to pick some from it, but it was empty.

"Hey!" Fundy exclaimed in indignance, staring at the grinning blond when Iskall's grimy brown boots stepped into the edge of their vision, making them look up at the male.

"Time's up, it's your turn to mine now." He said as he moved behind the two, the hands-on their back ushering them to stand up.

Grian and Fundy groaned at the thought of extracting blocks again but they complied, rising up to their feet. But Fundy paused to stretch his arms in the sky, letting a few pops echo in the cave while Grian made his way to the space left by Mumbo and Iskall, pulling his pickaxe out before starting to continue what the others had started.