46 || Sky Castle

"Holy fuck, I am never going to climb any stairs again!" Schlatt grunted as he struggled to take the last step from the cloud stairs that started from the main ground and up to the peak.

While the ram struggles to catch his breath, Eret and Puffy scale the massive skyscraper in front of them with awe-struck faces. The quartz exterior and the glasses that reflected the baby blue sky gave the establishment a more ethereal look, the garden of curved trunks and blue leaves, along with the blue vines from the nether erected on the dark cyan infested grass only added more charm to the establishment.

"What the hell, I thought it's supposed to be a castle?"

Puffy's statement caught Schlatt's attention, making him look and straighten up, scoffing. "The other parts of it got lost, this tower just got an upgrade."

Eret chuckled as the other rolled her eyes before marching towards the spinning glass door, the most normal thing she has ever seen since she's been trapped in the blocky game.

But unlike the heavenly appeal of the outside, the inside was horrible as well as the stuffy atmosphere it contains. The trio's faces contorted at the sight of sullen people crossing the floor almost dragging themselves across, back hunched as they carried piles and piles of paper in their scarily thin arms.

Their paces were all painfully slow to watch, the golden and smooth stone tiles were dirty and grimy with faint traces of footprints made by the dust scattered on the floor.

Where the hell are the janitors?

Puffy and Eret shuddered at the state of the floor, there were a few cobwebs designing the wall. The two hybrids then placed their hands over their nose and mouth, the stench of wet wood and grime becoming too much for their heightened senses.

They could even smell the peck of dust gliding down from the ceiling. It was unbearable.

"Did they even bother taking a bath? Jesus christ..."

Being the wind elementalist, Eret took it upon herself to drive the smell away. Pulling in some air from the outside before dragging it in and making sure it sweeps the bags of dust off the floor and the horrible scent away through the same way they entered. He can't finish this mission with both his hybrid friends' senses obstructed.

Schlatt took a deep intake of a breath when the smell was carried away, exaggerating his exhale as he took long strides towards the elevator. Puffy mutters a small 'thank you' to the elementalist before following the ram.

Eret however, had the idea of talking to the receptionist who had their head down, face completely obstructed from view after the blow of the wind whispered into his ears.

So while the two of their teammates approached the metal compartment, they jogged towards the desk, mindful of the sounds their steps would create and making sure it's muted or at least near noiseless, Phil's words echoing in his mind like a broken record.

"Don't make any loud noises, you can't disturb all of the workers." The blond reminds them before they all leave to go to their own missions.

"Hey uh— miss? Can I ask about— Ah!"

What they thought would be a face of a normal human with a gloomy expression was shattered as the cracked skull and its hanging jaw turned to them, a few patches of mouldy skin still stuck to the porcelain figure, making the elementalist jolt and fall to the floor. Puffy and Schlatt snap their heads at them with eyes wide like saucers, filled with concern and fear.

Eret slapped both their hands on their mouth at the realization of them making a loud noise dawned upon them. Taking a quick look around their surroundings almost instantly to see what the workers' are doing.