Eight

"she overcame everything that was meant to destroy her

"she overcame everything that was meant to destroy her."
---

"You know you have a really nice home," Willow said while looking around my house.

Willow got invited to this party and she asked if I could join her. I said yes because I wasn't doing anything else on a Friday night and I was going to be bored at home since no one was going to be here.

Wes said didn't say where he was going but I am pretty sure he is going out with friends. Isabelle is going to be working late so I would be by myself for most of the night.

There is a Halloween party being held at this footballer's house Willow told me. She also said that it wasn't a costume party, thank god, because I didn't feel like dressing up.

"Thanks," I said while closing the front door. Willow looked at some of the pictures that were on the hall, and I see her eyes widen making me confused. "You good?"

Willow shook her head softly and laughed. "Yeah, it's just I didn't think I would be in Wes Green's house."

"He's, my cousin. And there isn't anything special about him."

Willow turned her head to look back at me so fast I thought she was going to get whiplash. "How did I not know he was your cousin?"

"He's not really an important topic." I shrugged. "Let's go to my room," I said before walking upstairs and going towards my room.

Willow and I made it to my room, and she sat down on my bed while looking around my room. "I like your room." She stated.

I haven't really made a move to decorate my room. I liked how it was already.

"Thanks. My aunt did most of the decorating." I said while putting my bookbag on the floor. "So where is this party being held?" I asked.

"It's not fair. Are you still not going to dress up?"

"No. I don't feel like it and I don't have time to buy a costume either."

"Do you have any eyeliner? I want to put some on."

I nodded my head. "It's in the bathroom under the sink."

"Okay." Willow stood up from the bed. "Are you going to change or stay in what you're wearing?"

I was wearing a cropped black shirt that had long sleeves and then blue jeans that were kind of oversized, but I was wearing a belt, so they didn't fall down my legs. I didn't have an issue with what I was wearing so I don't see the point in changing.

I shook my head no and Willow walked inside the bathroom to do her makeup.

The party is going to start soon. I had to stay after school for almost two hours because I needed to catch up on some classwork and then I said we can go to my house since no one was home and Isabelle is fine with Willow coming over.