Thrity Six

"relax baby

"relax baby. you're going to be okay. you're going to end up where you need to be."
–––

Kayden drove to the tracks.

We didn't take the road Willow took, which happened to be the road that my family and I got into a crash. Instead, he took the longer route which was the opposite way.

I'm glad he did because I probably would have replayed the crash in my head repeatedly.

"One thing my dad would always tell me about driving is to always make sure to keep your eyes on the road. Out of all of his tips for racing and being a good driver, it was to keep a seatbelt on and eyes on the road."

"He like he was a smart guy."

"He was. He deserved so much better. He deserved to see me graduate and pass my driver's test." Kayden said in a sad tone.

"He is still going to see your graduate. Just not in the way you think."

The rest of the drive to the tracks was quiet.

It wasn't busy here because it's Monday and the tracks never open on Mondays.

The only times the gates are open are on the weekends, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Kayden opened the gate with this key he had and then he drove inside.

Kayden drove the car to the starting line of the track. Once he did, he parks the car behind the line and looks at me.

The tension in the car is almost unbearable and the old me would just leave the car and run off somewhere.

But for some reason, I don't feel the need to run off.

"What are some things you and your dad did other than racing?" I asked Kayden.

"We would re-design cars. He worked in an auto shop and also a place where they redesign cars. Sometimes after school, I would help him. My job right now is at the same auto shop he used to work at." Kayden said.

"I used to do the same with my dad when he was here. I would always work with him in the garage along with my brother."

"How old was your brother?"

"He was seventeen turning eighteen when he died."

"Shit," Kayden stated as he looked at me. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine losing as much as you lost."

"It happens to the best of us." I shrugged my shoulders. "But you have to find a way to live with it."

"What is one thing you wish you could say to them before they left?"

Every day I regret arguing with my mom about my outfit that night. I got so upset with her for just trying to keep me warm and I got mad at her.

"I wish I said sorry to my mom." I feel a small tear slip from my cheek, and I wipe the tear away. "The night she passed I got into an argument with her about the clothes I was wearing. I thought what she was arguing with me about was stupid, but she was trying to make sure I was warm." I chuckled. "I remember cursing her out in my head and wishing that she was gone so that I could do whatever I wanted without her telling me shit." Another tear slips. "I didn't know that wish would come true."

I look down at my hands, not wanting to see Kayden's face or his reaction.

Every day I feel awful remembering everything that happened between my mother and me.

I took her for granted and I wish that never happened.

I feel Kayden lean closer to me and he kisses my tear-stained cheeks make me look up at him.

"Don't ever feel guilty for being a teenager. Mom's and daughters aren't always perfect. I'm sure she still loves you all the same and I'm sure she isn't and will never be mad at you."

I nip at my lip.

"How do you always know the right things to say?" I look up at him and I see that he is super close to my face.

Our lips are probably a centimeter apart and our breathing is somewhat heavy.

"Tell me not to kiss the shit out of you right now?"

I don't say anything. Instead, I keep staring at his lips as they get closer until finally, they crash on mine.

He wraps his hand in my hair that was down and, if possible, pulls me closer even though the center counsels in between us.

Damn.

Two amazing kisses from him today and I already want to pour my heart out to him all at once.

He nipped at my lip, and I held it open as he deepens the kiss.

Kayden drags his hand down and he lifts me over the center console and hoists my leg over his hips.

He kisses me while rubbing his hands all over my thighs and I move a little making me feel the erection he had.

I liked it.

I haven't had sex since my last boyfriend because I was afraid, but I don't feel afraid with Kayden.

"Help me let go," I whispered as we still kissed. "I trust you Kayden and I just want to forget about it all for a few minutes."

Kayden looked at me. "Are you sure? I need to think with your head, Alexis. I don't want you to regret this in the morning."

I nodded my head. "I trust you."

Kayden leaned in to kiss me. "What am I going to do with you?" Kayden and I's clothes come off and we move the seat farther back as he slides a condom on. One thing that makes me feel as if I want to melt in his arms is how Kayden kisses me everywhere on my chest, making sure to mark me in ways no one ever has. He takes time to appreciate my skin and body. "Ready?" He looks up at me and I nodded my head.

"Kayden," I said as he thrusted inside me, and I held onto him.