Forty Two

"everything that you have been through, everything that's made you, you, the girl that i love

"everything that you have been through, everything that's made you, you, the girl that i love."
---

"What?" I asked while furrowing my eyebrows at him.

Kayden stood up from his place on the bed and walked around the room. "Do you trust me?" Kayden looked at me.

I do.

"Yes, but what do you mean-"

"Come on. When I get there, you will already know why I am sorry." Kayden said before walking out of my room.

I follow him all the way downstairs to his car and once we both get inside, he starts the car and drives away from the house.

I don't say anything. I just look out of the window trying to think about what the hell Kayden is talking about.

What does he mean?

I didn't know?

I see that we were going towards the same way the tracks were held at. It looks so familiar, the street, the landscapes, mountains, street signs.

I see Kayden pass that familiar street sign that I could never get out of my head now.

'Memorialized Road'

"Kayden-"

"You said you wanted to know about me, right? Well, you will know everything." Kayden drives a little more before he stops in the middle of the road and gets out.

I follow right after him and get out as well.

Kayden walks towards the middle of the road and looks at the scenery across from us.

"What are we doing here Kayden?" I asked as I walked up to him and looked around us.

Now I know why this road looks so familiar. It's the road that was closed off at the tracks not too far away from here and it's also the road that my parents and brother died on.

Memorialized Road.

"This is where the driver of the car lost control. The driver that was coming straight towards your car and then crashed into the wall."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean Kayden?"

I started to understand what he is trying to say now.

He couldn't be involved in the crash.

That's not possible.

"Then the second car who crashed right into yours didn't stop, he kept going and he thought he could control his driving, but little did he know that a guy who just got his driver's license didn't know how to stop a fucking car," Kayden said frustratedly.

"Kayden instead of explaining the story can you give me some context?" I asked getting annoyed that he wasn't telling or explaining to me what the hell he was talking about.

Kayden turned his body to look at me. "I was the driver in the car that lost control and crashed into the wall. I saw your car and tried so hard to stop it, but my breaks were jammed, and I couldn't stop the car."

I can't believe this.

Kayden is the one who had almost crashed into my car.

His car caused mine to spin out of control.

This can't be true.

"It's not my fault the breaks were rigged, Robin."

"You're the one who caused the crash!"

"Who was the car that crashed into ours?" I asked Kayden without looking at him.

"Robin."

Robin killed my family.

He should be rotting in fucking jail cell but instead, he is beating up my friends.

I look up at Kayden. "Did you know?"

"No. I just find out after you said the road name. I connected all of the dots from there. But Alexis if I have known sooner, I would have told you I swear." I don't know what to say to him. For some reason, I am not mad at him. I am mad at Robin. I am furious at Robin. Even if he might have caused the crash, I still have these feelings for him that I don't want to lose. "Talk to me, Alexis."

I sighed. "Robin should be in jail rotting in fucking cell," I said while trying to compose my tears and keep myself together. "He killed my family, and he is still out here walking around."

"Robin's family is rich. His family was able to make him seem innocent and that it was an accident even though that motherfucker saw your car and didn't stop." Kayden said frustratedly.

"What happened to you?" I looked up at Kayden.

"After my car crashed, I saw Robin hit yours. I got out of my car and went straight to yours and I saw all of you in there. I didn't see it then but now I do." Kayden walked closer to me and looked down at my face. "I saw a girl who was holding onto their brother with her eyes closed. She had a grey jacket on and black leggings. I saw her cheeks had dried tears on them." Kayden said before wiping a tear that had rolled down my cheek. "I called 911 and then I saw Robin trying to leave his car, but he couldn't because his leg was broken. There was a trial, and I went and so did he. He got charged with fees and I got charged with community service and got sent to juvie for a little while for illegal street racing."

I then think about what happened between Wes and Kayden. Why they don't talk.

"Is this what Wes was talking about? Did he not want you messing with cars because of the accident?"

Kayden nodded his head. "But he is right. You should stay away from me." Kayden stated.

"You know this isn't your fault, right? You aren't the one who started all this Kayden. You didn't kill my family."

"I am the one that caused the fucking crash, Alexis!" Kayden raised his voice. "You can't be with someone like me. All I will do is hurt you. Just like how I did in the crash."

"How do you know that? You can't tell me what I want Kayden." I walked closer to him. "You kiss me, you flirt with me, and then you have sex with me and now you are pushing me away."

"That was before all of this Alexis. I can't. I feel so guilty of what happened and looking at you will now be a reminder of that."

I bring my hands up to touch his face. "You shouldn't feel guilty because it isn't your fault Kayden. You couldn't stop the car because Robin fucked with the breaks. How did you expect to try and stop the car?"

"I'm only going to hurt you, Alexis. I am not good for you. I mess around with girls, I do illegal shit, I skip school and get into a shit ton of trouble Alexis. I refuse to hurt you in any way." Kayden said while pulling my hands away from him. "Please don't make this hard for me."

I can see the vulnerability in his eyes and the hurt and guilt that was eating him up.

"I have been hurt so many times Kayden and this time being hurt by you doesn't even hurt. I want you. I may sound so fucking desperate saying that but it's true Kayden." I said trying to keep it together.

Kayden shakes his head lightly. "You're crazy angel."

"Maybe I am," I said shrugging my shoulder.

Next thing I know I see Kayden walking towards me and then I feel his lips on mine.

His lips are as soft and tender as all of the other times he has kissed me, and I love it. I love the way he makes me feel and the way he makes my stomach explode with butterflies.

I feel like I am falling.

Hard.