Thirteen

"work hard in silence

"work hard in silence. let your success be your noise."
---

"She is a really sweet girl, Asia. She nice to the others and is also really bright. I know I already told you that the other day, but I mean it, she is really sweet." I said to Jane's mother.

It's the end of the day and most of the kids were already gone. The only kid here was Elijah and this other boy named Lucas. I just hope that Kayden doesn't come late like last time to pick Elijah up.

"Thank you, Alexis, you're too kind. But Jane talks about you all the time. You were the topic over dinner last night." Asia chuckled.

"Hope it was all good things."

"Trust me it was," Asia said while smiling at her daughter who had a smile on her face as well. "Well, it's getting late, and we got to go home but it was nice talking to you again Alexis." Asia and Jane left the classroom leaving the two boys, Kathrine, and me.

"So, any plans tonight?" I asked Kathrine while we started to clean up the classroom.

"No, not really. After this, I am going to go home and relax. Maybe have a bath. What about you?"

"I have to do homework with someone from school. It's partner work and we had to set up a date for us two to meet."

"God, I remember having to do homework. It sucks." Kathrine chuckled.

I heard the door open making me turn around and see Kayden. He was wearing black pants with a white hoodie and a black jacket over.

"Kay!" Elijah yelled running towards Kayden.

Kayden leaned down and picked up him. "Hey, bud," Kayden said while also smiling at his brother.

This is the only time I have ever seen him smile but I can tell it's fake. The smile doesn't meet his eyes.

Kayden looked away from his brother and at me.

I stop staring at Kayden and look at Kathrine who was gathering her things. "Kathrine, do you mind if I leave a little early today? I have that project I told you about."

Kathrine turns around and looks at me. "Of course. I am pretty sure that his mom is here right now. I'll see you tomorrow though."

I send her a smile before getting my stuff and walking towards Kayden. "Ready?" Kayden asked raising his eyebrow and I nodded my head. We both walk out of the building together. Today Isabelle let me borrow her car for work because she didn't have to work tonight. "So, you have a ride, or do you need one there?" Kayden asked as he walked towards his beautiful car.

"I have my aunts," I stated. "I can just follow you. Are you far?" I asked.

Kayden put Elijah on the floor making him run to the car and opening the door. "No."