Fifteen

"you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first

"you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first."
---

Willow invited me over to her house to get ready. I didn't do anything special to get ready. I stayed in the clothes that I wore to school which were a white, cropped muscle tee, blue jeans, and an oversized leather jacket.

Right now, we are driving to the tracks. Ben sent us the directions to get there, and it wasn't that far away.

"So have you seen any cute guys at school yet?" Willow asked while driving.

I give her a 'what the fuck are you talking about look. "I'm not here for boys." I then remember earlier today in the office. "Speaking about boys though," I said getting Willow's attention. "Grayson Reid," I stated.

"What about him? You like him or something?" Willow asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ew no," I said while grimacing. "I just saw him earlier today in the office. He looked eh upset."

"Upset how?" Willow asked.

"He seems like the type of person with a short temper. And I also remember you telling me you think he has a kid?" I questioned.

"It's just a rumor. I don't know if it is true or not. But if you are asking me if I think he can have a child then I will tell you yes. I think he has a kid. I mean he misses school a lot, I don't see him go out to parties or social events, and a few years ago I saw him with a girl but later on the girl was gone, left town and Grayson didn't come to school for months."

I nodded my head, showing her that I understand what she was talking about. While she was driving, I just looked out the window, seeing all of the cars pass by, unaware that there is a racetrack for illegal street racing nearby.

As Willow drives past a street sign, I feel a sense of Deja Vu making my heart race.

But why?

This road looks so familiar. I don't know what about it, but it does.

Eventually, Willow pulls up to the tracks. My first reaction to the tracks was that they had a lot of dirt, and I could already see some cars racing on the track.

Willow and I get out of her car, and we walk towards where we see a bunch of groups together.

"Did Ben say where he was going to meet us at?" I asked while we started walking.

"He said that he is sitting at this one wooden table by the gate, whatever that means."

"Gate? What gate?"

She was about to answer but she gets cut off by a familiar voice.

"Girls! Over here!" I look to see where the voice came from, and I see Ben with a smile walking towards us. Willow and I walk over to him. "So, what took you guys so long?"

"Well, us girls do have to get prettied up Ben." Willow deadpanned.

Ben looked at Willow and then me. "But Alexis looks the same as she did a few hours ago."

"Asshole," I muttered in a teasing way.

"Well let's get you, girls, to the party."

Ben brings us to a table where all of his friends were out.

I recognize some of them, they were from the soccer team or some I have just seen around school.

"So, what do you guys do here for fun?" Willow asked.

"Well, we basically place bets on the people who race, and then we drink and just hang out." One of Ben's friends asked.

"Anyone can race?" I asked.

I don't know why I asked. It's not like I would ever do that.

Last time I did I almost died. I was acting on impulse and rage. That's not a good mix, especially when you are driving.

"Yeah. You just have to have a sick ass car because if you don't then people won't bet on you."

"Why not?"

"Because you want to bet on someone who looks like they have a fast car."

"But it's not always about the car. It's mostly about the person driving the car." I stated.

"Would you race if you got the chance?" Ben asked with a raised eyebrow.

Would I?

Hell, yea I would. Every time I race or drive really fast in a ca it reminds me of my brother. I would race but I don't have my car with me.

Yes, I would.

Ben's friends and I talked along with Willow. They seem super cool to talk to.

After a few more minutes of just talking and getting to know one another, I left to go get my jacket from the car.

Willow offered to come with me, but I told her I was fine since her car isn't far.

When I grabbed my jacket, I made sure to lock her car door before heading back towards where the group was at.

As I am walking someone ends up bumping into me. I feel cold liquid spilling all over my jacket that was in my hands =.

Great.

that was my favorite jacket took.

"Woah careful there you don't want to end up falling for me." The person said in a teasing voice. I look up and see one of Kayden's friends, Mathew. His hair looks even softer from up close. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to bump into you."

Mathew has such a different reaction than how Kayden reacted when I bumped into him. He is joking about it instead of lashing out at me.

"Uh no, I am good. I am the one who wasn't paying attention." I said while giving him a small smile.

"Shit, your jacket." Mathew said as he looked at the fabric in my hands that had, what smelt like soda.

"It's fine. I'm sure it will wash out." I said assuring but I doubt it.

I look behind him where I saw Willow and Ben at last, but I don't see them.

"I can give you my jacket if you want. You're probably going to end up freezing out here." Matthew said.

"No, you don't have-"

"Please? I feel really bad." Mathew pleaded with an apologetic look.

It is freezing out here.

"okay I guess." I shrugged.

Mathew motions his head for me to follow him. "So, what's your name mystery girl? I have never seen you around here before." Mathew asked.

"Alexis. I am new."

"When did you come to California?"

"Almost a month ago."

"How long are you plan on staying?"

"I don't know but I know I am not leaving anytime soon."