Thirty

"if it comes, let it

"if it comes, let it. if it goes, let it."
---

"Your brother loves coming late, doesn't he?" I asked Elijah as we sit on the bench outside of the daycare.

I would take him home, but I am pretty sure that would be considered kidnapping.

"He is busy. He is always busy." Elijah shrugged.

It's super cold outside and I know Elijah has a jacket on, but I'm scared he will get a cold. Just then I feel a raindrop hit my face making me look up.

Great.

"Come on," I said standing up as it started to drizzle. Thank god I have my car back because now I don't have to rely on other people when picking me up or dropping me off. I take Elijah and me inside the car and turn on the heater in the car to warm us up. "Not as cold as outside, right?" I asked with a small smile.

Elijah laughed and nodded his head. "Why do we never come inside your car?"

"Because I haven't had my car for a while and I have always had my aunt pick me up," I told him.

"I remember my dad having a similar car to this one. It was a speedy car, and he would always take me for a ride in it with Kayden. But now he is gone." Elijah said giving me a sad look.

Seeing that face on him broke my heart. He was only a baby when his father died. He never got the chance to actually do things with him. But thankfully he has Kayden as an older male figure to look up to.

I know Kayden will do anything for Elijah and his family in general. Even though Kayden may act like he doesn't care I know that he does. He cares about the guys and his little brother, and even though he doesn't talk much about his mother I know he cares for her as well.

"Kayden's here!" Elijah cheered before getting out of the car.

I get out of the car as well and see Kayden's black beautiful car parked in the parking spot a few spaces away from mine.

Then I see him get out of the car, but he had glasses on.

It's dark outside and he has glasses on?

Why?

Kayden bends down to pick Elijah up and hold him. "Hey, buddy how was school?"

"Good I learned how to play hangman and then we also played hide and seek outside," Elijah said in a cheery tone making me smile.

"That's great bud." Kayden put Elijah down on his feet. "Go in the car I'll be right there alright?"

"Are you going to be mean to Alexis?" Elijah asked while narrowing his eyes at Kayden.

"No buddy I'm not," Kayden said before turning his head to look at me.

But I couldn't see his eyes because they were covered by his sunglasses. Elijah gets inside the car, and I see Kayden walking towards me.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses when it's dark?" I asked when he stood right in front of me.

"It's bright outside." Kayden shrugged.

I can't help but smile at what he said.

All you could see outside was the streetlights and then the stars in the sky.

I bring my hand to his face and pull the sunglasses away; Kayden doesn't stop me from doing so.

When I pull them down, I feel my heart drop?

"Kayden, "I stated while putting my hand over my mouth. He has a black bruise on his eye and then a cut on his eyebrow. "What the fuck did you do Kayden?" I said while bringing my hands to touch below his eye.

"It's nothing. I'm fine don't worry about it."

For some reason, I started to feel angry.

That's what he said we last time talked and we all know how that conversation went.

"You're such a jackass. Why can't you just tell me what happened? Honestly, you're nice to me and act as you care about me but then you have to be so closed off."

"It doesn't concern you and you don't need to worry about it, Alexis. All you will do is get hurt."

"Wes said the same thing but he didn't tell me how or why. How will I get hurt by you? What is it that you are so afraid of Kayd-"

I get cut off by Kayden who pressed his lips against mine.

I don't push him away, I don't kiss back, I stand shocked.

Kayden Black kissed me.

In the rain.

His whole body flattening against mine against the cold air around us.

I softly moan in his moan, without intending to do so and he slid his hand down to my hips and gripped them.

Kayden's kiss wasn't gentle, it was needy and desperate. I moved my lips against him, and I slide my hands around his neck to somewhat pull him close.

I clung onto him as his lips moved faster and faster because I feel as if that this kiss t=will be the only time I am this close to Kayden.

"God, you have no clue how long I have been wanting to do that," Kayden whispered.

"Took you long enough." I chuckled. "Why?" I asked.

"Why what?"

"Why did you say what you said the other day? Why are you kissing me right now? Why?"

I'm confused by the kiss. We were just yelling at each other and now he kissed, in the rain too.

How cliche.

"Because I don't want to hurt you. I have hurt too many people and god I can't hurt you. I can't lose you." Kayden sighed. "There is something about you that I just can't seem to get away from, no matter how hard I try."

"How cliche is this? Kissing in the rain after an argument?" I chuckled.

I didn't know what else to say so I just say that.

Kayden chuckled lightly. I feel his hand lift to touch my wet cheek.

"I'm sorry for being an ass. You didn't deserve that."

"I just want you to tell me what's up between you and Robin," I stated.

Kayden sighed. "I know but it's just, Robin-he's just-look he isn't someone anyone to get involved with and he and I have history. A very long and complicated history and I did something bad because of him and I'm scared to tell you because I don't want you to think bad of me."

His eyes hold regret and guiltiness again.

I really want to know what he is so afraid of admitting and telling me but I'm not going to force it out of him.