Chapter 3

<edited>

<edited>

I ran as fast as I could from the danger I was not aware of. Running down cold empty streets to no destination in particular- when the sight of Jungkook made me halt and freeze on spot.

It was him. I was sure, but he had an expression of immense fear and happiness. Fear of the unknown and maybe happiness of seeing me alive. It made me nostalgic.

All I remembered next was- a huge load truck nearing him from the left after which I shut my eyes tight and heard a ear-spillting sound.

I woke up breathing heavily with sweat all over my body and tears rolling down my cheek. I hoped that that dream did not mean anything. Or did it? I had a notification on my phone which told me that I had a 'Heyy!' text from Jungkook. Which was quiet unusual considering the fact that the last time he texted me was a month ago- just before taehyung's birthday for funny pictures of his.

It said that the text was received around 12:30am, which was like four hours back. I was too tired to have opened the text so I got up to go wash my face.

Looking at myself in the mirror, all I saw was a horrified face. I had the most uneasy feeling i'd ever experienced.

I spent the night trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. But I found none.

_________

Sitting in the cafeteria, I was waiting for Seshh to show up- which apparently I didn't think she was planning to.

My phone beeped. A text from Jungkook-

ʜᴇʏʏ!
₁₂ ₃₂ₐₘ

ʜᴇʏᴀᴀ!
₇ ₅₄ₐₘ

ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ?
₁₀ ₃₆ₐₘ

ɪ'ᴍ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀꜰᴇᴛᴇʀɪᴀ. ᴡʜʏ?
₁₀ ₃₇ₐₘ

I replied. And then texted Sesha, asking her where she was- when my phone beeped again-

ɪ'ᴍ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀꜰᴇᴛᴇʀɪᴀ. ᴡʜʏ?
₁₀ ₃₇ₐₘ

ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ-
ᴏʜ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ɪ ᴅᴏ.
₁₀ ₃₉ₐₘ

He slid into the chair opposite to mine before I could even look up from the screen to find him.

"Heyy Y/n!"

"Heyy Jungkook!?" I managed to blutter out without chocking on the water I was just drinking.

"Why didn't you reply last night? I know you are awake till 3am usually." he asked.

"Oh that- I slept early. I was pretty exhausted from all the badminton last evening. How do you know I sleep at 3?"

"Ohh right. Badminton." He replied, ignoring my question.

"So, what was the reason behind the text- that late at night?"

"Nothin much, really. I was just gonna ask if you'd like to go out- for ice cream."

"WHAT!?" this time I really did choke, "Ice cream!? At 12:30am!? You And Me?"

"Why. Is that a bad idea? Do you not like it?"

"NOooOo!- I mean- no it's not bad! It's a superb idea!" I squeaked out.

"Really!? Wanna go tonight?!" His eyes sparkled up.

"Yeh sure! Why not!" I replied.

"Owkhayy then! I'll see you at night!?"

"Yepp!"

He got up from his seat and started walking past me, but then halted all of a sudden. He stood right next to me and kept frozen for five whole seconds, contemplating something.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

He bent in close- and then even more closer, and whispered, "You look cute today. Wear your black tank top with a cozy jacket and pajamas tonight." With that he ruffled my hair and walked out, leaving me frozen on spot.

Seshh slid into the same seat he was in, within nano-seconds of him leaving. I was still frozen.

"Y/n?! Wasn't that Jungkook!? When did you two get so close!? He never talks to any girls- specially not the way he just did! Did he just ruffle your hair!? I overheard that he asked you out for ice cream tonight!? Are you going!? Why is that girl behind you giving us a spite-eye look!? Oh my God- what is goin on!?" She bombarded me with all the questions at once, without letting me recover from what had just happened.

"I don't know what's goin on either Seshha. And y-yes I'm goin." was all I managed to speak.

×+×

A/N:

Hello bubsss!

How are ya'll doin?

I updated this one too fast, didn't I? But I really need the story to move ahead faster!

What do you thing will happen at the midnight ice cream date? What if he doesn't show up? What if it was a prank? Well, what if he does come?

Next chapter will be up soon!

Lemme know your views and suggestions in the comments!

Stay tuned~ 💜