Hot & Heavy Emotions (4x05)

Eric P.O.V

Thanks to Maria's quick thinking, the other vampire left. From her curtness, I could tell that he had hurt them. From my short time, I had a strong feeling it had to involve Sookie for that reaction. I slightly admired how much she cared for her family. I hated that it got her into more trouble.

They carried on the rest of their night. I stayed in my cubby to allow them privacy. They relaxed for a bit before going to bed. I stared at the ceiling as I listened to their footsteps & heartbeats. Eventually, I fell asleep for a bit. But, I wasn't asleep for too long.

I woke up & found myself at Maria's door. I slowly opened it & peered in from the doorway. She was asleep in a t-shirt & shiny black shorts. She was sprawled across the bed with the blankets twisted about. I was prepared to leave until someone touched my shoulder.

"Hello Eric." a brunette in all white greeted me

I was in shock as I couldn't recognise him. It was clear he knew me as he smiled back. He gave me a light pat before heading in & going to her bedside. I carefully watched as I was unsure about his intentions. My fear proved right as he turned predatory, stroking her exposed skin & smelling her. I had enough & rushed over to smack his hand away.

"Don't touch her." I whispered

"She's beautiful." He smirked

"Who are you?" I demanded as Maria remained asleep

"Drick med mig." He replied as he drew his fangs

(Drink with me)

"Vi ska tömma henne och gå tillsammans i solen." He pushed

(We will drain her and walk in the sun together.)

"No." I refused

This angered him as he got to my side. He snarled as he grabbed my throat & squeezed it. I was powerless to fight back as he got me on my knees.

"You are...incapable of love. You are damned." He belittled me

"She can redeem me." I fought back, making him laugh

"With a woman more damned than you. You cannot be saved. You are a creature of death & only good for 1 thing. And it is not love." He insulted

"Drick nu." He ordered as he forced my head towards her

(Drink now)

"Sluta slåss mot din natur!" He growled

(Stop fighting your nature!)

I cried as I struggled to fight against my nature. He kept my head towards her & leaned over her neck. He was waiting for my natural instincts to kick in from the overpowering smell. In his impatience, he pushed me to drink again. I refused but felt my control slipping. A few moments later I snapped as I lunged for her neck & he fed on her wrist. She screamed in pain & horror which finally woke me up. Now that I was awake I had to check on her.

I headed up to her room & opened the door. She was asleep like in my dream but more covered with the blanket. She was sleeping on her side, facing the windows to the left. One hand was resting on the pillow. I slowly walked to her bedside. I made it to the bedpost before she woke up.

"Eric! You scared me." She growled as she pointed a gun at my heart

"I had a bad dream. I'm sorry." I apologised as she tucked her gun under the pillow