Itching for Answers (6x03)

Family tree: https://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=188c1uyye9o&f=478560985446473552

Niall P.O.V

A royal vampire cousin had a lot of perks. We had a small team following us for discreet backup. With Aunt Lungile & other valuable members at the house, the bulk of the security remained there. It made me feel easier about sneaking out. I wouldn't have rushed to get to this place but I had a sinking feeling. I hoped to be proven wrong with a tent full of safe faires.

Maria was cordial & tried to make small talk. Our age differences made common topics hard. I tried to avoid any fairy-specific ones for her. I was picking up on her annoyance with that side. It wasn't surprising that her fae side was repressed being raised around vampires. But, I worried that would harm us if she kept ignoring a vital piece of herself. Hopefully, she would feel encouraged to embrace it with our Aunt & Uncle back. I enjoyed being able to see her joy of hearing about my family & knowing that Grandpa Harold's line wasn't killed off.

The fairy camp was a long drive. We arrived just as the sun broke out. The vampire detail had to switch gear to avoid burning up. Once they were adjusted, we could leave the car & walk through the field.

"This is where a lycan pack attacked you?" I asked

"Yes. They tried to surprise attack me but it didn't pan out." She replied as I knelt

"I can see that." I smirked as I tapped into the faint residual energy for a playback of that night.

"They were young. A scouting party maybe?" I suggested

"The pack leader was 1,800 & the underlings were 1,100 & 1,200. It wasn't too hard to deal with them." She shrugged

"It seemed that way. But, you didn't sense the vampire watching deep in the trees?" I noticed

"What vampire?" She replied in shock

"I'll show you." I offered

She grabbed my hand & allowed me into her mind. We were transported back to that night. We were placed off to the side & faced the field. A blonde man had just been tackled by one of the Lycans. Maria sprung quickly into action to tear it off. We turned our attention to the tree line as the other Lycans jumped into the frey. It took some straining for me to find those odd eyes. When I locked eyes, I instantly regretted it as my bones turned cold.

"Maria, I think we should head back." I warned as a small eerie chill came over. She completely ignored me & seemed entranced.

"Maria!" I hissed as I tried to grab her hand. But, she quickly vamp ran to those eyes. It forced me to shift into my lighter sprite form to catch her before she did anything rash.

Maria/ Tes P.O.V
I couldn't control myself when I found those dim eyes in the trees. I was hit with an overwhelming sense of familiarity. Before I could stop myself, I was warily moving forward. The eyes quickly moved forcing me to vamp run after. I kept on it to avoid losing it, ignoring Niall's yells. Eventually, I was led to a clearing a few meters away.

"Niall!" I yelled out as now I had completely lost the eyes

"Hello my love." A baritone voice said from behind

" A baritone voice said from behind