Burning the House Down (5x12)

Eric P.O.V

I was happy with how well my visit to Maria & Sookie's went. I was expected to be cursed out & rejected. But, her compassion surprised me as she agreed. I appreciated it & Sookie's unexpected throw-in. I was a little annoyed by Jason coming with us. His recent anti-vampire attitude was quickly wearing down my patience.

Tara & Nora returned to Fangtasia to rest in the coffins. I headed to my house to get a car big enough for us. I picked out a truck which I wouldn't miss if we lost it. It had enough space for the coffins. But, it could also fit 5 people. I drove back to Fangtasia & got some rest in before our afternoon visit. I discreetly loaded them in & headed to their house.

I had a pleasant drive up until I noticed Alcide's truck next to Jasons. I should've expected him to visit. Knowing Maria, she probably lifted my glamour the morning after Russell's capture. Now, I would have to stomach them being a couple. I wasn't ready to do that. I understood her anger with me. But, she was my mate & I felt lost without her. I could tell she felt the same since she often caught herself holding onto me for too long. I hoped that I could win her trust back soon.

I decided to be civil for once & knocked on the door. Jason answered it & begrudgingly let me in. Maria must have given him an earful last night since he was silent. Sookie was nicer & had me wait in the living room while she got Maria. It didn't take too long as I heard them come down. Alcide's wet dog smell gave him away once he got into the hallway upstairs. They gathered in the living room as we looked at each other. I didn't bother getting up to greet him though.

"Alcide, look what the dog dragged in." I teased

"I'm going to ignore your petty bullshit. I know you're lashing out because you're kicking yourself for getting dumped." Alcide grumbled

"For now. I'm sure the puppy faze will end eventually. We have an eternity to work things out." I cockily retorted

"I know you're each other mates & she gave you her blood. She told me everything because I have her trust. Something you wouldn't know even on your best days." He taunted me

I had enough & stood up. Alcide smirked as I glared at him. Maria rolled her eyes & stepped in between us. She was ready to step in if anything got set off.

"Enough! You both are being childish. I swear if you keep this up, I'm leaving you both home & breaking in myself." She glared

"He's coming with us?" I objected

"He wants to help & keep me safe. But, I won't let him if I'm going to be babysitting." She swore

"I'll keep my mouth shut & focus on what's important." Alcide agreed which made her smile

"Eric?" She doubted

"Like the wolf said." I replied which made her cross her arms

"I'm just letting everything out. From now on, I won't pick a fight. I'll just keep all my good ideas in my head." I justified

"Great. Jason is going to be enough of a headache anyway." She appreciated

"I'll be in my car & take whoever. It's best we start stocking up while we have the light." I quickly pivoted as I headed out

I quickly got in the car & began slapping the wheel. The 4 of them lingered to talk. Everyone was trying to snap Jason out of his anti-vamp haze. But, he wasn't budging. After 10 minutes, they headed out. I was calm again & opened the doors for them. Sookie & Jason decided to ride with me. Maria rode with Alcide in his car & followed us out.