Sookie's Wedding

Sookie P.O.V

I was so excited to plan the wedding with Bill. He was very helpful with arranging the dates & financing everything. All I had to do was pick the theme. Tes tried to help me narrow down the choices but this was not her area. Jes was excited to share her 2 cents & led the bridal party. Arlene tried to wrestle control but it was a losing fight. They were very useful for helping figure out what I wanted. Without them, I doubt the plans would have been finalised in a couple months.

I kept the wedding simple. The ceremony & reception would be held in the same building. Bill rented out a lodge near a private lake for the day. He was also kind enough to pick out a an affordable hotel for the human guests while he & the others would be at the vampire hotel. With him paying so much, I didn't go crazy with the decorations. I enjoyed having flowers & hanging some painted signs from our friends. The reception hall was dressed up  similarly. Tes made me splurge a bit on the padded chairs since drunk people would need a place to rest. Now all we needed was a date.

Ceremony (https://ohbestdayever

Ceremony (https://ohbestdayever.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/chic-indoor-wedding-ceremony-ideas-with-candles-and-floral.jpg )

Reception (https://i

Reception (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/86/af/fe86af010d6098788e4c3388052e2013.jpg )

The date was set for the 3rd weekend of July. This would give my friends time off work  without costing Sam too much. I didn't have too many friends so my list was small. Bill was a scribble compared to mine. Tes would be my maid of honour with Jess, Arlene & Tara as my bridesmaids. Jason agreed to be Bill's best man along with Hoyt, Terry & Lafayette. Arlene's kids would be the flower girl & ring boy. The guest list included Sam, Andy, Eggs, Hoyts mama, a few cousins, aunts & uncles. I was dreading having to invite Eric & Pam. But, Bill explained that he needed to witness it for it to be binding. I just kept praying that everyone would repulse them enough to chase them away.

~ a few weeks later ~

Today was finally my day. Tara enjoyed partying hard to celebrate my last night of freedom. Tes made sure that she didn't go too crazy. Luckily, none of us had a hangover. We were all spread across the room. Tes was snoring next to me on the bed. On the other bed, Lafayette was sleeping on Tara's stomach. I wanted to go back to sleep until someone knocked on the door.