31

Do you guys like the cover???

"Go slow!" Iwaizumi moaned.

Oikawa frowned at him from across the court just as the ball hit the floor, "if you can't keep up with my tosses, that's on you."

Iwaizumi panted. His put his hands on his knees as he bent down in a crouching position. God fucking damn. Is this how it's going to be from now on?

The tension in the court was unbearable. It was no secret that the setter and ace were previously in a relationship but the breakup was even more evident. Either of them could snap at any time which is why the whole team was on edge.

Makki clapped his hands, "cmon guys, you want to win, don't you?"

Matsun shot him a look that clearly said shut the fuck up.

"I sure as hell do want to win," kyotani mocked, he was obviously annoyed by their bickering, "can't you just match his spikes, Oikawa."

"Its Oikawa-san to you, mad dog-chan, so watch it. Do you want to be benched this time too?~" Oikawa smiled innocently.

"You piece—

"Kyotani." Iwaizumi's tone was stern. Kyotani scoffed and shook his head but didn't dare say a word.

Oikawa pursed his lips.

He needed to sit down. Right now. He singled the coach the he wanted to take a break who nodded his head and granted him permission. Sitting on the bench, he took large gulps of water. Practice continued.

He sighed and fanned his face with his hand twice. This can't go on like this. Wasn't last night torture enough?

"Iwaizumi-san! Please pay attention!" Kindaichi yelled from the court.

Oikawa's head snapped up just in time to catch Iwaizumi staring at him. They both looked away at the same time. Oikawa couldn't believe this.

He thought of last night. He thought of the look on iwaizumi's face when Oikawa refused to kiss him. He thought of the hurt and confusion on his face. He wanted nothing more than to love Iwa-chan in that moment but—

"I don't understand? I thought you forgave me?" Iwaizumi had said. He had the the audacity to ask that. So my feelings don't matter? Oikawa thought.

He got up from the bed and crossed his arms, "forgive you? Do you even know what- what I went through?"

iwaizumi's eyes softened at that and he swallowed. Oikawa continued, "it was hell. Questioning every day why I wasn't enough. It sucked. I've felt this feeling before, Iwaizumi, and I'm not going to go through this again."

"Don't call me that." Iwaizumi cringed.

"Im done feeling like I'm not enough. You humiliated me-me in front of Sakura. You went with her without a word. You let her dis...— you let her disrespect me," his exhaled, "and-and now you're telling me she wasn't even your girlfriend? Iwaizumi, You let disrespect me on purpose and-and that's worse."

"Can you just stop calling me that?"

"You said you're out to your parents. If you weren't out I would've forgave you. I would have- have understood but you are," Oikawa blinked his tears back.

He didn't want his Iwa-chan to know how much he was hurting because it would definitely hurt Iwaizumi too (even if he doesn't like me anymore, I still don't want him to suffer, Oikawa thought) but at the same time he couldn't stop rambling,

"I-I love you. Why can't you just tell them that? you blindly hurt me because of your parents and just expect me to let it go? If you won't fight for me, neither will I, iwaizu—

"Stop calling me that! Please!" Iwaizumi sniffed.

"Fine!" Oikawa snapped, "then what should I call you? Hajime-chan?"

Iwaizumi stared at him in disbelief, his eyes wide and mouth parted.

Oikawa stared at him back with pursed lips and tearful eyes. He didn't want to cry, not right now.

"Please just leave me alone." He turned around, his back facing Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi did.

—-

REMEMBER VOTES AND COMMENTS KEEP THE AUTHOR GOING. (IS THAT TOO MUCH?? I HOPE NOT)

Look i thought if im gonna break your heart and put it back together then let me break it good first. Yk like Oikawa said "if you're going to hit it, hit it till it breaks."