Home (2/5)

TW: G*N

7 months after the fire

Dr. Gou takes off his glasses and sets them aside. He pulls out a pen and his notebook that Iwaizumi has been seeing every week for the past couple of months.

Iwaizumi leans back on the sofa. It was comforting and talking to Dr. Gou was nice. He didn't understand why kids in movies went "no! I'm never going to see a therapist! You can't make me!"

He didn't understand at all.

If someone was willing to listen to all the bullshit that has happened to him without judging at all then sign him the fuck up.

Except the times he says something completely unhinged without realising, causing Dr. Gou to scribble in his notebook at lightning speed.

Dr Gou was smiling at him kindly now, "ready when you are."

3 hours before the fire

"Will you run away with me?" Oikawa asked.

"Where'd we go?"

"Home."

Iwaizumi smiled at him nervously, "and . . . where is home?"

Oikawa gripped the edge of bathtub and leaned slightly forward to kiss Iwaizumi's naked shoulder, "wherever you're safe."

"And what about you?"

"I'm safe when I'm with you." Oikawa said softly.

". . .where would we go, seriously?"

"Well we still have to finish college. So back to Tokyo? We can get an apartment together. I'll work two jobs if I have to, Iwa-chan." He grinned.

Iwaizumi smiled at him.

He stared at the water then. It was warm now instead of hot. He let go of Oikawa hand under the water and curled up, knees to chest, "they would find us— they would find me."

"No they won't."

"How are you so sure?" Iwaizumi asked, frustrated.

Oikawa frowned, "I'll die before I let them take you."

7 months after the fire

Dr. Gou lets out a soft laugh, "that's certainly not the Oikawa tooru I remember."

Iwaizumi smiles down shyly at his own intertwined hands, "he's more confident now than the last time you saw him—more confident than me, I think."

"Is that so?"

"Yes." He bit the insides of his cheeks, trying to stop himself from smiling too big, "well sometimes. Mostly he's impulsive. He says and does things then panics afterwards."

He. Gou nods thoughtfully, "that's more like him."

2 hours and 34 minutes before the fire

"What about Hana?"

"I've talked to Hana. Sakura and her are coming with us too. Sakura is running away from her bitchy ass parents too. She's my idol." Oikawa rambled on, "the boys are coming with us too of course. And mom is sorting out other stuff."