25

Fresh tang of breakfast was in the air. Iwaizumi stood in his boyfriend's (or his boyfriend's mother's) kitchen with an apron on. He cracked 3 eggs in the pan along with some butter and oil. He then chopped up some onions and tomatoes to put in the pan as well. The eggs sizzled loudly which was a beautiful sound at 9 in the morning.

Iwaizumi put two pieces of bread in the toaster and flipped the eggs.

This was it. He was going to impress his boyfriend's mother. He was going to be a good, respectful and hardworking boy everyone would want their kids to date.

His cooking skills were definitely top notch. They will surely impress Mrs. Oikawa.

God how long is shittykawa going to sleep ????

Iwaizumi sighed and turned around to take out his toasted bread—

"Oikawa-san ..." Iwaizumi whispered with wide eyes.

Oikawa's mother was sitting at the small 4 person dining table, her clasped hands rested on the table and she was smirking.

"No no, continue."

Iwaizumi gave a nervous smile and turned back around. He instantly felt trapped like every one of his moments were being interpreted. And honestly goddamn shittykawa. Why did he have to sleep so late? When he wakes up, Iwaizumi is so going to kick him in the face—

"The eggs are burning, Iwaizumi."

Iwa glanced back at Mrs. Oikawa then blinked at the eggs. Oh right.

Maybe Oikawa's mother could read minds. He really shouldn't be thinking violent thoughts at her son right now; especially since he wanted to impress her so bad.

Iwaizumi scooped up the three omelettes into separate plates. He covered the third plate with another plate so lazykawa could eat it later and set it aside on the counter. Iwaizumi proceeded divide two toasts onto the plates. Iwa really is going to murder that dumbass when he wakes up—

Mrs. Oikawa coughed.

Iwaizumi's eyes went wide and he stumbled with the plates but didn't drop them. Mind reader. She really is a mind reader...

He gulped, carrying the plates and utensils to the table and set them down.

"Sit down," She smiled tightly, "thank you for making breakfast. Personally I don't like creating anything at this hour....... hm now that I think about it, I did create Oikawa at this hour... oh well."

Iwaizumi blushed.

What.Is.Happening

"I really need an hour to defrost Iwaizumi, forgive me." She mumbled

They dug in. Oikawa's mother kept praising Iwaizumi on his cooking skills as she ate.

She cleared her throat after finishing her breakfast. Iwaizumi glanced at her then looked back down, waiting for her to speak.

"Tooru had a hard time growing up... He had quite a lot of accidents. His dad leaving took a toll on him too. Damn that bastard," she sighed, "Kids would come to play with him but he never went. Even in his early teens he was always holed up in his bedroom. At first I though he was just an introvert. But that wasn't the case as you know." she sat her fork down and pushed aside the plate. Iwaizumi did the same.

"I guess, seeing my son being so open with someone... I don't know how to feel about that."

Oh.

Iwaizumi was worried. What if she tells Tooru to stay away from him?

"I'm sorry..."

"No, I—" there was a sob and Iwaizumi looked up at her in a hurry with anxious eyes. There were tears in her eyes.

"Oikawa-san. I-I don't understand."

She suddenly took one of his hands in to her own.
"Iwaizumi... I'm very happy. Thank you for being with my son. Thank you for helping him come out of his shell."

Iwaizumi stared at her with wide eyes. He was at loss of words. He didn't know hot to proceed.

"I— are you a mind reader?!" Iwaizumi blurted. Mrs. Oikawa laughed loud and bright (just like tooru) and shook her head.

She smiled as she let go of his hand and patted his head. "what I'm saying is... you don't need to impress me with this fancy breakfast and all. Though I'm not complaining. Iwaizumi. I'm already impressed. I'm glad Oikawa picked someone like you—

There was a loud shriek and both mrs. Oikawa and iwa jumped.

"Iwa-chan! Oh my god did she say something weird to you again??? Oh my god MOM I WANT SOMETHING TO SWALLOW ME WHOLE!"

Tooru stood in his PJ's and hair sticking everywhere

Mrs. Oikawa shook her head and got up to get ready for work, "hmm Tooru, Isn't that what you two were doing last night?"

Iwaizumi smacked his forehead on the table.

——-

Let's gooooo longest chapter ive ever written. Anyway I updated today cause I might not have WiFi on Thursday so enjoy.

Also please check out my art acc and leave some feedback I'll give u a forehead kiss. 👉👈

 👉👈