Lauren

~ I'm sorry for such a long wait for this next chapter. I had some personal issues but I am back now! Also if you couldn't tell by the title, this story will contain some spoilers for season 6 so if you have not gotten there yet and don't want spoilers, I would suggest you don't read this. Xoxo ~

Lauren Reynolds is dead.

Car Accident.

What a strangely mundane way for somebody like her to go.

Her death shouldn't have affected you the way that it did, but you couldn't help yourself.

None of this was even supposed to happen. She wasn't supposed to be there, you weren't supposed to be around her, and you definitely were not supposed to fall in love with her.

*8 years earlier*

"Open it," Ian says to Liam, one of his partners.

A new shipment had come in, and now you were all outside waiting to see it. Liam pulls back the curtain on the truck and reveals supplies ten times as good as what you usually get. You and Liam share a look of apprehension, that Ian notices.

"Is something wrong?" he asks as he looks between the two of you.

"None of our other suppliers can get stuff this good," Liam says to Ian, before shooting a glare towards the woman behind him. "She's too good to be true, and you're too blind to see it."

You notice that Ian gets mad at the assumption, and he tightens his jaw. Turning to the woman, he tells her to go to the car, and with a nod, she does as she is told.

"I'll take care of her," Ian says to Liam, which seems to appease him, but you know better. As Liam and Ian both start to walk away you call Ian back.

"He's right you know," you say as he turns back around to you.

"I said, I would take care of her," Ian says but you shake your head.

"I know that was just something you said to get Liam off of your back." Ian doesn't respond and instead turns around and starts walking back to the car. "If you're wrong about her, we are all in big trouble, you know that right." You call after him. But again he just keeps walking, ignoring you.

The next day you run into this mysterious woman Ian brought in. And by run into, you literally mean run into. As you are walking through the hall, she rounds the corner and bumps into you, causing you to fall to the floor.

"I'm so sorry," she says as she reaches out to help you up. But you push yourself up on your own, ignoring her outstretched hand.

"Are you ok?" She asks as you brush yourself off. For the first time since she has gotten here, you get a good look at her.

She has shoulder-length hair, curled perfectly. Her skin is flawless, and she has the kindest brown eyes. You start to wonder how somebody as beautiful as her ever got into this kind of work. You feel your mask slipping as she draws you in, but you quickly regain your composure.

"Look," you say as you cross your arms over your chest. "Ian might trust you, but I don't."

"I'm Lauren," she says with a smile, completely unfazed. She reaches her hand out to you again, this time to offer you a handshake. You grab her hand, but instead of shaking it, you pull her closer to you, to where your face is only inches away from hers.

"I'm watching you, Lauren," you whisper, your tone deadly. You drop her hand and walk off, leaving her staring after you.

Despite your attempts to watch her from a distance, and avoid contact, that was a pretty hard thing to do when you lived in the same house. Oftentimes you would find her in the garden, or kitchen, or living room running around with Declan. And every time you did run into her, your suspicions grew less and less. If she were going to do something she would have by now, right?