Quarantine

You didn't think that having to quarantine was going to affect you that much. I mean you work for the FBI, obviously you are essential. So that means you have to go to work every day just like before. I mean, you do have to limit your travel and now you only take one case a month, but you expected stuff like that to happen.

What you didn't expect was how quickly things started to get boring. The team could no longer go out together and you now had more time off, which meant you spent every weekend by yourself.

Hotch goes home to Jack, JJ has Will and the boys, Garcia has Kevin, Derek has Savannah, Rossi has Krystal, and Reid has made it perfectly clear how content he is with his books. That just leaves you and Emily the only ones who go home alone at the end of the day. Well, hopefully not for long.

"We should move in together," You say to Emily one day at work.

"Come again?" she questions with her eyebrows raised.

"You and I should move in together for the rest of quarantine." She gives you a blank stare. "Come on Em, we both live alone and we both know Sergio is lovely but he doesn't replace a human being. It might be nice for us both to have some company." You say, giving her puppy dog eyes that you know Emily can't resist. Her resolve quickly weakens.

"Fine, we can move in together." You give a little squeal and pull her into a hug.

"This is going to be so fun. Ok so I will bring my stuff to your apartment tonight and move into your spare room and I will bring my entire movie collection and games and..." She cuts you off by placing her hand over your mouth.

"Don't make me regret this." She says while giving you a dangerous look. She slowly pulls her hand away from your mouth to reveal the playful smile on your face. She also breaks out into a smile before shooing you away from her desk claiming she has work to do.

Later that day, you pull up outside of Emily's apartment complex and text her that you are here. Gathering your stuff out of your car you make your way up to her apartment. When you get to the door, Emily is standing there waiting for you.

"It's about time you got here," She says with a laugh as she takes some of the stuff out of your hands.

"Hey, I have a lot of stuff," you say in response.

"Trust me I know."

The two of you manage to get everything set up in the spare bedroom and you now find yourself sitting in the living room watching one of the movies you brought. Emily is sitting on the couch with her feet up on the coffee table, and you have your head resting on her shoulder with Sergio curled in between you two. I think I might enjoy this. You think to yourself

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The weeks go by, and the two of you work together like a finely oiled machine. You both cook together, clean together, and frequently find yourself staying up late watching movies, playing games, or just enjoying each other's company. Even Sergio had gotten used to you being there. It was all feeling very domestic, and honestly, you were ok with it. You would never let Emily know how you feel though.

The two of you usually carpool to work to save gas, but today Emily had an early morning meeting with Hotch.

"Are you sure I don't need to come with you?" You ask as you stand in the door of Emily's bedroom, watching her get ready.

"I promise I am a big girl." She says with a laugh," I think I can handle a meeting with Hotch."

"If you're sure," you say with an exaggerated sigh as you move over to lay on her bed. "I'm just gonna be so bored here by myself." As if on cue, Sergio jumps onto the bed and snuggles close to you. Emily moves over to the bed and scratches him behind the ears.