Just talk

*Possible Spoiler for Season 6. And fair warning this one will be angst. Xoxo*

You watch as Spencer walks past your car and into the building. He was the last one to get here. Hotch was here first, bright and early at 6 o'clock this morning. JJ wasn't far behind, getting here at 6:15. Next was Rossi, he didn't get here until 7:30, and at 8:00 Morgan and Garcia walked in together. It seemed like they have been attached at the hip lately. Needing each other for support now more than ever. And now, at 8:57, Reid is walking past your car.

Your phone starts to ring, but you don't move to pick it up. It feels like it is a million miles away, everything feels like it's a million miles away. Like you are trapped in this bubble with no air, and it is slowly lifting you off of the ground and dragging you away from the life you used to know.

The phone rings a couple more times and you finally answer it.

"(Y/N)," you hear JJ's soft voice, "Hey."

"Hi, JJ," you respond as you stare at the large building in front of you.

"I was wondering if you were going to come in today? Hotch has a new case for us."

"JJ," you say as you take a deep breath, "I really don't feel well, I think I am getting sick."

"I understand," she says, "I hope you feel better."

"Thank you," you say before you hang up the phone and lay it back down in the passenger's seat.

It's bullshit that whole conversation. You knew it was bullshit because, at exactly 6:17, JJ walked past your car just like Reid and made eye contact with you. She knew you were here, they all did.

Actually, you were the first one here. Well, technically you never left. When Hotch finally made you finish working, you came out to your car, but you couldn't go home, and you definitely couldn't sleep. So you drove around for a while before coming back here and waiting for the new day to start.

You're not sure why you can't go in today. Just walk through the door, it's not that hard. I mean you have been burying yourself in work ever since that day, but it's just something stopping you, something keeping you frozen in your seat.

Finally, you give up, and crank up your car and drive home.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

What time is it? You wonder as you glance outside. The sun's still shining through the curtains, so it must still be the middle of the day. Does that mean you've been home for three hours?

When you first got home, you made yourself some tea and sat down to watch some of your favorite shows. But now your tea was cold, and Netflix is asking if you're still watching. That means you've been here four hours at least. It simultaneously felt like a second and a million years had gone by.

"(Y/N)?" you hear a gentle voice ask. At first, you are convinced that it is all in your head but as you look up, you see a figure to match the voice.

"Morgan?" you say as you see the man standing in front of you. "How did you get in here?"

"The door was open," he says quietly as he takes a few cautious steps toward you.

"Oh," you say absent mindedly, "I must have forgotten to lock it."

"The team went on a case," he says as he moves over to sit on the chair next to you. "They are headed up to Ohio."

"And why aren't you with them?" you ask as you turn your head to look at him.

"They thought I could help Garcia out here. She's not doing too well, ever since..." He trails off at the end of his sentence. Funny it seems like you aren't the only one who hasn't been able to say it.