Scars

~ This was a request! xoxo ~

"Look who is back!" you hear as you sit your bag down at your desk. Turning around, you see Derek sauntering over to you. You smile at him as he pulls you into a hug.

"I thought we agreed that I would get the first hug," Garcia says as she rushes over to you.

"Don't worry, Pen, there is plenty of me to go around," you say with a laugh as Garcia happily wraps her arms around you.

The rest of the team makes their way over, and you go around giving everybody hugs as they welcome you back.

"How are you feeling?" JJ asks.

"Better than ever," you say, "I'm ready to get back to work."

"You might be back, but you are still expected to take it easy," Hotch says.

"Understood," you say with a nod. Hotch smiles at you.

"Well, if everybody has finished welcoming (Y/N) back, we have a case."

Everybody starts to head to the roundtable room, leaving you standing there as you finish reacquainting yourself with your desk. Well, almost everybody.

"How are you really feeling?" Emily asks.

"I really do feel fine," you assure her.

"If it's too soon," she starts to say, but you stop her.

"Em, I got shot weeks ago. The doctor cleared me to come back and said that I was ok. I promise you I am fine," you say.

"I just worry about you," she says as she takes your hand in hers.

"I know," you say as you shoot her a smile, "and I love you for it. Now let's go work on this case."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

It had been two days since you started the case, and things were getting a little slow. No new leads were coming in, and no new witnesses were coming forward. This left all of you with nothing to do except sit at the police station and do some more brainstorming. As you guys are throwing around ideas, you hear a ding and see Garcia up on the monitor.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have been pouring over the videos of the murders that you guys sent me, and I can conclude that the unsub is no more than 5 foot 10 inches," she says.

"The guy is short, so what? I know you didn't call, just to tell us that," Morgan says.

"You would be correct, my love. I have also looked through the names that Hotch gave me, and discovered that all of them are 6 foot or above, except for two people. Allan Pierce, and Sam Thomas," Garcia says, with a smile that says she is proud of herself.

"You have addresses?" JJ asks.

"Of course I do gumdrop, I am sending them to your tablets now."

"You are the best Garcia," Emily says.

"Oh hun, I know," Garcia says before logging off.

You and Emily go to Allan's house, while JJ and Morgan, were headed to talk to Sam. As the two of you walk up to his house you hear some commotion. It sounds like a fight is happening inside.

You and Emily share a look before grabbing your guns. After knocking and not getting a response, you try the handle and discover that it is unlocked. As you open the door, you see a sight you didn't expect.

Allan is standing in the middle of the room, holding a knife to a woman's throat.

"Allan Pierce, FBI. Put the knife down." Emily calls out to him.