Touch Me

If anybody had to ask you about your love language, yours was physical touch, no doubt about it. Whether it is with your friends, family, or lovers, you are a very touchy person. This is very obvious in your relationship with one Emily Prentiss. 

When you are on the jet, you guys are often snuggled together. Sometimes you will play with Emily's hair when you should be listening to Hotch. And you couldn't even count the number of times your hand found hers when a case was particularly difficult.

However, despite this, you haven't laid a single hand on Emily Prentiss in the last two weeks.

You realized you have feelings for Emily one day after work. Being best friends the two of you often went to each other's houses to just relax after a stressful day of work. On this day, the two of you had gone to your place to watch a movie. Both of you started off sitting on the couch but halfway through the movie, and two glasses of wine each later, you find yourself tucked under Emily's arm snuggled close to her side. Sometime before the movie ends you feel yourself drifting to sleep.

When you wake up, you are in your bed. Stretching out and turning over, you notice that you aren't alone. On the other side of your bed, Emily is fast asleep. You feel a twang in your heart and a smile graces your lips as you reach over to gently touch her cheek. I wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning, you think to yourself. Wait what, you quickly jerk your hand away, no I can't think of Emily like that she's my best friend.

Your sudden movement makes Emily stir and she reaches over and wraps her arm around your waist in her sleep pulling you closer to her. It feels like a hundred butterflies are fluttering around in your gut, and it was at that moment you knew you were royally fucked. She is only doing this because she is asleep, she doesn't know.

You repeatedly tell yourself this but that doesn't change the fact that every time you even make contact with Emily, you get that flutter in your gut again.

Hotch had just called everybody to debrief about your newest case and when you walk into the room you see that everybody is already seated. The only seat left is next to Emily, so you begrudgingly walk over and take the seat. Emily smiles at you but notices when you don't give your usually cheerful smile back.

Halfway through the debriefing, Emily looks over to you with a concerned look. She notices that you haven't taken your eyes off of the table. Assuming that the details of the case are getting to you, she reaches over to take your hand, as she usually would in this situation. But instead of letting her, you move your hand away and instead place it on your lap. You notice a look of hurt flash over her face, but in a room full of profilers she doesn't let it linger.

"Wheels up in 30," Hotch says as everybody gets up from the table and gets ready to leave. Everybody has left except for you and Emily, and just as you were about to walk out of the door, she grabs your wrist. Instinctively you jerk out of her grip, and she stares at you in disbelief. You've never acted this way before, and you are so embarrassed by yourself that you walk out of the room, leaving Emily standing in the same spot.

This case was rough. Every case that involves children takes its toll on the entire team, and those are usually the nights you spend with Emily, but you couldn't. The entire jet ride back you sit next to Spencer and listen to him prattle out random facts, instead of taking your usual seat next to Emily. You don't even wait for her like you usually do once you get back to Quantico. You get in your car and drive home, still trying to distance yourself from any feelings you might have.

You are in your kitchen making yourself some tea when you hear a knock on your door. You walk over and open it, seeing exactly who you expected and exactly who you wished it wouldn't be.

"Tell me what is wrong right now." She pushes her way into your apartment and turns around to look at you with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Emily, what are you talking about?" You ask as you close the door that she had left open. As soon as you turn back around you see she has moved closer to you. She reaches out and lightly grabs your hand. You let her until she enlaces her fingers in yours and the butterflies start back up again. You pull your hand out of hers.

"You just pulled your hand away from mine," she says quietly, a look on her face as if she were trying to understand a hard math equation.

"I had an itch" You walk away back to the kitchen to take the water for your tea off of the stove. You hear Emily quickly following after you.

"Stop lying"

"I'm not lying" You turn back around and she reaches out to touch your face. You back away from her hand and she drops it back to her side.

"You just did it again. What is going on with you? You always hold my hand, and give me random hugs, and play with my hair. Did I do something to you? Are you disgusted by me?" You see tears starting to brim at the edges of Emily's eyes and you suddenly are filled with guilt.

"No Emily it's not that I swear" you plead.

"Then give me your hand," she says as she reaches out towards you. You look down at her palm and gingerly place your hand into hers. You feel yourself being pulled and find yourself wrapped in Emily's arms. The butterflies are back full swing but you couldn't care less. God, I missed this, you think to yourself as you allow your body to relax in her embrace. Emily pulls back just enough to look you in the eye and smiles.

"See, now is it really so bad to be this..." Emily starts to say, but before she can even finish her sentence you close the gap between you two and press your lips against hers. To your surprise, Emily catches on quickly and almost immediately starts kissing you back. When you both need air you slowly break apart.

"Emily I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. It's just every time I touch you I just feel like I am going insane and I just..." This time it was Emily who cut you off by kissing you again, this time with more fire and passion. Fireworks, stars, butterflies, all of the above went off in your head.

Pushing her back against the counter, your hands roam over her waist and stomach gradually making their way down to her butt. Moaning as she feels your hands on her body, she wraps her legs around your waist and you prop her up on the counter. Your lips move from hers to her neck and you know there is going to be a hickey tomorrow, but the noises she is making make you keep going.

"(Y/N)," Emily gasps out, as your hands start to roam over her thighs. You pull away to look her in the eyes and see nothing but lust. In the most seductive tone you have ever heard she says,

"Touch me"

And you did, over and over again that night.