Jealous

Paperwork. It seems like all you guys do anymore is paperwork. Piles and piles are on your desk every morning you walk in, and it seems as if you have barely made a dent in it by the time you leave. The work isn't hard by any means, all you are doing is giving tips about the suspect to police departments, but the days were definitely long.

"I am starving," you groan out to anybody in your general vicinity. You hear Derek chuckle.

"So you have already told us three times." You cross your arms over your chest and glare at him.

"Well, maybe I wouldn't have to repeat myself if somebody could take a hint." He rolls his eyes at you.

"(Y/N), would you like to get lunch," Your mood immediately shifts and you perk up in your seat.

"Wow Derek, thank you for offering. I would love to get lunch." He shakes his head at you as he gets up from his desk.

"Anybody else wants to come?" He asks the rest of your team members but they all shake their heads. Well, all except for Emily that is. She doesn't even acknowledge that the two of you are leaving. Her eyes never left the papers in front of her, and her posture is suddenly different. It's probably nothing, you think to yourself as you and Morgan make your way to the doors.

"You're paying right big daddy." You laugh at him as he grimaces at the nickname.

"Only if you promise to never call me that again."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

*Emily's POV*

The two of them walk back into the BAU about an hour later. They are walking side by side, practically touching and she is laughing about something that he said. It seems like she is laughing at him more and more often lately. There has got to be something going on between the two of them, I mean it is so obvious. I am watching the two of them when I feel a sharp jab in my side.

"How about you make it a little less obvious lovebird," I hear Rossi tell me. I glance over at him with a confused look on my face. He smirks at me.

"You were staring at Morgan like you wanted to gut him like a fish. Not only that but if your pen was alive, you would have suffocated it by now." I glance down at the pen in my hand and realize that he was right. I am holding on so tight that my knuckles are whiter than the sheet of paper I am writing on. I put down the pen and look back up at Rossi.

"I was not staring at him like I wanted to gut him," I say to Rossi to try and save myself as much as possible.

"Au contraire. There is no hiding it Emily you might as well come right out and tell her." He says matter of factly.

"It's not that easy Rossi, I can't just walk up to her and blurt out my feelings. What if she doesn't like me back?" I say as I nervously pick at my fingernails. Rossi notices my bad habit and sighs.

"One of the biggest things people regret is letting someone they love walk away. Besides, you'll never know, if you never ask." With those final words and a wink, he moves back over to his desk leaving me alone to ponder on my thoughts and try to figure out how I am going to tell (Y/N) that I have feelings for her.

After a long day of me thinking and barely getting any of my work done, Hotch finally says that we could go home. But before I could even get out of my seat and head towards the door, Garcia struts in with a smile on her face.

"My loves, we are going out and we are going out tonight," She says.

"Well you know me, babygirl, I am always down," Morgan says, already halfway out of the door.