Seven Minutes

*This is a requested AU where the team is in highschool*

Walking into the party, all of your senses are immediately ambushed. Between the music, the strobe lights, and the smells of weed, smoke, and various types of alcohol, it takes everything in you to not walk right back out of the door.

But you decide to stay, and somehow in the whirlwind of activities, you find yourself sitting in a circle with some of the most popular people in the school. Instead of letting yourself become intimidated by everybody around you, you focus instead on the rough carpet digging into the back of your thighs.

"Ok people, Seven Minutes in Heaven. You spin the bottle and make out with whoever it lands on, no matter the gender capeesh?" Derek asks as he puts a bottle down in the middle of the floor.

Derek Morgan is the most popular guy in your grade, maybe even the whole school. Star of the football team and total hottie according to every girl in the school. On either side of him are Luke and Matt who are also on the football team and his friends.

Sitting a little way down from them are Jennifer and Penelope. Jennifer, the most popular girl and star of the soccer team. Penelope, one of the nicest people you'll meet and one of Jennifer's closest friends. Her other best friend is never far away, and gradually your eyes drift to her. Emily.

You and Emily have gone to the same school since middle school, but you would be surprised if she even knew your name. She has always been one of the hottest girls at school in your opinion, and definitely other's opinions too. She gets her fair share of attention, but she is known to be a bit of a snob when it comes to who she chooses to date. Only the best, and you definitely don't count as one of the best.

"Princess, you're up first," Derek tells Emily with a wink. She rolls her eyes at him and crawls towards the bottle in the middle of the circle. Giving it a light spin, everybody watches closely to see who it lands on. When the neck of the bottle slows and stops on you, you feel paralyzed. Emily glances up, and the two of you lock eyes before she looks away and crosses her arms over her chest.

"No. Anybody but her," she says in slight disgust. Derek just laughs.

"Aww, are you a chicken?" A couple of other people in the circle join in on his laughter and you feel the heat rising in your cheeks while your eyes are glued to the carpet.

"I am not chicken, but come on look at her. She probably won't even do anything, and being awkwardly trapped in a closet for 7 minutes is not how I want to spend my night."

"Suck it up buttercup," Luke says with a smirk. "now get in there." Emily shoots him a glare before looking back at you and standing up. You quickly make your way after her and follow her into the closet. As soon as the closet door closes she turns to you with a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this stupid game." You are taken aback by her sudden change in attitude, so you stand there silent for a second before sputtering out your response.

"It's ok," you say quietly, "It is a party after all." You wrap your arms around your torso and curl yourself into your body.

"You know we don't have to do anything right?" She says as she reaches over to you and gently touches your shoulder.

"What about what you said out there?" you ask as you look up at her face. She shakes her head and furrows her eyebrows.

"I only said that because you looked uncomfortable and I didn't want you to do anything you didn't want to. You should know I am not actually that mean, (Y/N)." When she says your name your mouth practically drops open and you give her a look of disbelief.