Marry Me?

~ Currently rewatching The Fosters, so this is heavily inspired by season 1 episodes 8 and 9. Xoxo ~

"So, a little birdy told me that you are having dinner with your ex this weekend," Morgan says as he walks over to your desk.

"Would this birdy happen to have Blonde hair and love arts and crafts?" you ask with a laugh.

"Come on, you think I am going to rat out my informant," he says laughing along with you.

"But seriously," he says as his laughs die down. "You think it's a good idea to go to dinner with your Ex. I mean you are in a happy relationship?"

You put down the papers in front of you, and give him an "are you serious" look.

"Thanks, Derek, I am well aware of that. Thankfully, unlike you, I don't try to fuck everything that moves." He places a hand over his heart slightly offended by your words.

"Wow, harsh," he says. "I was just wondering if Emily would be ok with it, you know how she can get sometimes."

You are about to respond when you hear light laughter as JJ and Emily both walk back into the bullpen.

"Why don't you ask her yourself," you say to Morgan.

"Ask who what?" Emily asks as she and JJ approach your desk. Emily hands you a cup of coffee and you happily take it out of her hands.

"Morgan wanted to know if you're concerned about me dumping you to go sleep with my ex," you say to her, causing her to raise her eyebrows.

"Well, why would you dump me, when I could just join?" She leans over and kisses your cheek.

You blush at the bluntness of Emily's words, but JJ and Morgan just laugh.

"So, you're really not worried?" Morgan asks one more time. You roll your eyes.

"Morgan I am trying really hard not to be offended at what you are implying," you say as you cross your arms over your chest.

"Yeah, I suggest you stop before you dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of," JJ says as she pats Morgan's shoulder before walking off towards her office.

"Besides," Emily says as she moves to her desk. "It's a group dinner and I will be there, so there is nothing to worry about."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Emily," you groan out as you glance at the clock.

Dinner was scheduled for 6 o'clock and it was already 5:25. You were ready and had been for a while now, but Emily was still in the bathroom. Where she had been getting ready for the last hour.

"I told you it's going to be fine," you say, "Now please hurry up before we are late."

The bathroom door swings open and Emily looks stunning. But her face is turned to a frown.

"You look lovely Em," you say as you walk over to her, "what's wrong?"

"I need to look amazing, and so far I only look "lovely"," she says with a slight whine. You can't help but laugh at the difference between the Emily you see at work, and the Emily that you are seeing now.

"Didn't you just tell Morgan the other day, that there was nothing to worry about," you ask as you wrap your arms around her neck and run your hands through her hair.

"Of course I did, I couldn't let Morgan see me nervous." She places her hands on your waist and leans forward to give you a light peck on the lips.

"You have nothing to worry about," you say after her lips leave yours. "You look amazing, and Leah is going to be incredibly jealous that I am dating a sexy FBI agent."