Emily

~ Warning, there will be a sex scene in the middle of this chapter, but this story isn't entirely smut like some of my others. I know some people might want to read the story, but sex is not their jam so I will let you know when it is about to happen and when it is over! Xoxo ~

*This whole chapter will be told from Emily's POV*

As I turn the key to my apartment, It turns but there is no click. Instantly my hands go to my gun. I know for a fact that I locked the door before I left, so why is it not locked now. I push the door open gently and look around before I walk into the apartment. Just as I am putting my stuff down my phone rings, causing me to jump.

"This is Agent Prentiss," I say as I answer the phone, expecting it to be somebody from work.

"Prentiss," the voice on the other end of the line hisses out, "Is that what you are going by now?"

Not only do I hear the voice through the phone, but I can also hear it echoing throughout the apartment. I pull my gun out of its holster as I look around in search of the source of the voice.

"Where are you?" I ask as I start to walk slowly towards my bedroom.

"Your apartment's not that big, I'm sure you could find me." The voice taunts.

As I get to the door, I turn the knob slowly and open it, to find a figure sitting directly in the middle of my bed. I aim my gun at them as I turn the light on.

"(Y/N)," I let out in a breath, surprised at the person I see. She smiles at me and points to the gun in my hands.

"You can put that down now. If I wanted to kill you I would've done it when you walked through the door." I slowly put the gun down, but I still keep my guard up, unsure of what she is about to do.

"You're here with Doyle?" I ask as I take a couple of tentative steps closer to her.

"No," she says, as she hops off of the bed. "Well, I mean yes, we are both in the country together, but no I am not with him."

I pause for a second, as my adrenaline calms down now that I know I am not in any immediate danger.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I move across the room to put my gun away.

"I came to warn you," she says, making me stop in my tracks.

"Warn me?" I ask as I turn around to look back over at her.

"Yes warn you," she says with a roll of her eyes, "Keep up." She starts to move across the room, and I can't help but follow her movements with my eyes. "You know Ian is here, but you don't know how strong he has gotten. He has people everywhere and they've been watching you, following you. Everywhere that you go. I'm surprised that nobody was staked out watching your apartment." She moves to the window and peeks outside.

"Why are you telling me this," I question.

"Because for some reason," she says with a sigh, as her gaze drifts over to me, "I don't want you to die."

This throws me for a loop. I understand why Ian is looking for me. He is angry at me and he wants revenge. Shouldn't (Y/N) want the same thing?

"Even after everything I did, You're not angry?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at her.

"Oh no, I was pissed," she says with a laugh. "You lied to me for months and then had me thrown into jail. But we forgive and forget right?"

"I'm sorry, it..." I start to say but finishes my sentence for me.

"Was all part of the job, I know," she smiles at me, before turning back around and moving around the room again. Despite what she has said about not wanting me to die, I am starting to feel like I am trapped in a cage with a hungry lion, ready to pounce.