Superwoman

You blink the tiredness out of your eyes as you feel the warmth of the sun coming through your window. You stretch out on the king-size mattress and pull the warm covers around you. You hear somebody approaching the bed but you are way too comfortable to care. You are more than willing to relish in this comfort for a while, but your peace is interrupted as your sides are violently tickled.

"It's about time you woke up sleeping beauty," Emily says while still tickling you.

"Em...please...stop," You say between your laughter. She finally ends your assault and you lay back down on your pillow gasping for air as she crawls across the bed towards you laying down facing you.

"Why are you even awake so early," You ask as you turn on your side to face her. She gives a small shrug and smirks.

"Maybe I just wanted to watch my beautiful girlfriend sleep." She says as she gives you a light kiss.

"Should I be concerned that you watch me like a stalker?" You ask with a giggle.

"It's not my fault you're just so damn gorgeous." She says as she starts tickling you again. "And that laugh, oh man it just does something to me." She says laughing along with you. You manage to maneuver out of her grasp and move to where she is laying on her back and you are sitting on top of her. She rests her hands on your hips as you lean down and kiss her.

"What time is it anyway," You ask when you break apart. She reaches over and looks at her phone.

"Half-past seven," She replies as she shifts and sits up a bit so the two of you are face to face. You wrap your arms around her neck and she runs her hands up and down your back.

"So what you are telling me is that we are awake before 8 o'clock, on our day off." Emily smiles at the look of irritation on your face.

"I'm sorry you're awake so early babe, but I know how to make it up to you." She says seductively before leaning towards you to attach her lips to your neck.

"Oh, I think I might like waking up early." You say breathlessly. Emily has a way of knowing exactly where your sweet spots are. You start to move your hips against Emily's as her hands find your ass. She flips you over so that she is on top of you and attacks your lips in a possessive kiss.

Her hand slips under your sleep shirt and caresses the soft skin on your stomach. You let out a gasp and Emily uses this opportunity to deepen the kiss even further. She lets her lips leave you for just a second, as she pulls your shirt over your head. As soon as your shirt is off, she is immediately planting kisses around your chest and down your body.

The two of you are so caught up in the moment, that you don't hear her phone vibrating at first. But you finally do after the fourth ring.

"Em," You pant out while trying to get her attention. She looks up at you but her lips don't leave your skin. "Babe your phone." You motion towards the nightstand table where her phone was vibrating.

"Ignore it," She says as she kisses your lips again and her hands start to play with the top of your underwear. Her phone stops ringing and you think that will be the end of it, but it starts right back vibrating with another call. Emily lets out a groan as you pull away from her and move to grab her phone. Looking at the caller ID you say,

"It's JJ." She takes her phone out of your hand and places it face down on the bed.

"This is my day off, I am not obligated to answer any phone calls from anybody on the team." You gently push her off of you and look her in the eye.

"Emily, you know she wouldn't call you if it wasn't important. Answer the phone." She gives you one last lingering look before moving off of the bed and answering her phone

"Prentiss," You can slightly hear JJ's voice on the other end of the phone as you move to put your shirt back on. You see Emily tense up so you move behind her and gently caress her shoulders.

"JJ, you know this is my day off, I can't just drop everything and come in." You reach out and grab the phone from Emily and press it to your ear.

"Hey JJ, she's on the way. She'll be there in thirty." You hear JJ give you a thank you as you hang up the phone. Emily turns to you with a look of disbelief as you sit back down on the bed. You grab her hand and pull her to where she is standing between your legs. 

"Come on Em, you know they need you." You force a smile onto your face but Emily sees right through it. She places her hands on your cheeks and you wrap your arms around her midsection.

"What about you, you need me. We haven't been able to spend a day together in months."

"Emily, you are the closest thing to a superhero I know. You have a job to do, and these people rely on you. At the end of the day, I will always be here." You finish with a small pained smile on your lips. She bends down and rests her forehead against yours.

"I promise I will make this up to you." She whispers to you.

"I know," you say with a nod.

You move back onto the bed and pull the covers around yourself as you watch Emily get ready. She moves slowly and methodically, trying to waste as much time as possible before she has to leave you. Once she has gotten dressed and fixed her hair, she walks back over to you and gives you a long kiss.

"I can always stay if you want me to." You look her in the eye and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Go, go be superwoman." You tell her and she starts to walk towards the bedroom door. She gives you one last look over her shoulder that you know is her way of saying I'm sorry. You give her a smile and watch as she moves out of your sight. You lay back on the bed and hold one of her pillows close to your chest, as you let the tears finally escape from your eyes.

"I love you," you whisper into the air even though you know Emily is long gone.