Sounds Like a Date

*Authors note* - I am not a huge fan of this one (I actually kind of hate it) but I had the idea and my brain wouldn't let me write anything until I wrote this one. Hopefully, it doesn't suck too bad.

Walking over to Emily's desk you sit the coffee you just got for her right in front of the papers she was looking at. Slightly startled she looks up, confused until she realizes what you set down in front of her. A look of relief and gratitude comes onto her face as she picks up the cup.

"Thanks (Y/N), I really needed this," She says as she takes a sip of the coffee. Her eyes widen and she looks at you with surprise. "This coffee is perfect. How do you know how I like it?" You shrug nonchalantly

"I don't know I guess I just got lucky" But you know this is a lie. Truthfully, you know all there is to know about Emily.

You have kind of been a little bit obsessed with her ever since you joined the BAU. It was just something about her that drew your eyes automatically. Not to mention the fact that your crush had gotten significantly worse once you realized that she was a lesbian too. This coffee was just the beginning part of your long thought out plan to get Emily to reciprocate your feelings.

"Well, I appreciate it," Emily says as she shoots a smile towards you and your heart flutters as a slight blush rises to your cheeks. You are about to start a conversation with her when JJ comes walking in.

"Hotch said he needs all of us. A case just came in." With your attention on JJ, you didn't even realize that Emily was no longer sitting at her desk. Instead, you see her walking across the floor towards the blonde. Together they walk towards the round table room leaving you still standing by Emily's desk and the "perfect" coffee you made still sitting where she left it.

Feeling defeated, you just stand there and stare at the coffee cup Emily left. Seeing you looking dejected and standing alone, Reid walks over to you and nudges you with his shoulder.

"Did you know that coffee stays warmer 20 percent longer if cream is added?" You smile at Reid's fun fact.

"No, I actually didn't know that." Reid continues talking about coffee while the two of you follow Emily and JJ's path to the round table room.

When the two of you enter you see that there are two seats left. You and Reid take them, and after you're sitting down you realize your seat is directly across from Emily's. Garcia is trying to tell you guys the details of the case but your attention keeps going back to Emily. At one point, she feels eyes on her and looks up to lock eyes with you. She raises her eyebrow at you and you quickly look back down at the notes about the case. The case is local, meaning that you wouldn't have to fly anywhere, but you all still did have to drive a little while.

Hotch pairs off people on the team leaving Reid, JJ, and Derek together, Hotch and Rossi together, and you with Emily. As you are all getting up to get ready to head to your cars Emily glances at you and gives you a wink.

Emily is driving and you are sitting in the passenger's seat. The drive wasn't that long, but it felt like an eternity. Emily had turned on the radio to fill the silence, but you honestly didn't know what to say to her. While trying to figure out how to start the conversation, the responsibility is suddenly taken away from you when Emily clears her throat.

"I saw you staring at me earlier. What did I have food in my teeth or something?" She says with a laugh. The blush returns to your cheeks. Ok, so she noticed but isn't repulsed. This could be a good sign. With newfound confidence, you look over at her.

"Nope, I was just staring because you're beautiful." Emily looks over at you with a smile.

"Thank you, I think you're beautiful too. But really why were you staring at me." The smile falls off of your face. Wait she called me beautiful but in a friendly way. What does that mean? Does she only like me as a friend or did she just not realize I am flirting, you think. I better try harder.