Profiler - Part 1

~ Requested by CR7_FAN1 ~

*Emily's POV*

"Some things never change," I say as I walk into the BAU. JJ turns around in surprise.

"Hey, you!" she says as she gets up and runs over, kissing me on the cheek.

"Welcome back!" I hear Reid say as he runs over and throws his arms around me in a hug.

"Doughnuts?" he asks as he pulls away, "Wait, did you happen to get..."

"Chocolate frosted with sprinkles? Yes," I say with a laugh, "How could I forget your favorite?" Reid immediately opens the box and starts eating a doughnut.

"It is so great to see you," JJ says. "Even if it's only temporary."

"Well, when Hotch told me the director tapped him for a special assignment, I wanted to help out," I say.

"Lewis is going to be sorry she missed you," Reid says.

"Oh, yeah, me, too." I look around and notice an empty desk. I decide to put my stuff down, but as I do Reid stops me.

"That's actually (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)'s desk," he says.

"Really? It looks empty," I say, but move my stuff to the desk across from it anyway.

"Yeah, well, she travels light," JJ says.

"Garcia said she was ex-army. Came over from the Fugitive Task Force?" I ask as I prop myself against the desk.

"Yeah," Reid says with a smile, as he takes another bite of the doughnut in his hand, "you're really going to like her."

"You know," I say, as I glance at the almost empty desk, "the lack of personal effects on her desk could stem from her days as a fugitive hunter. She probably felt like she was never in one place long enough to dig in."

"I mean, no family photos, no significant others. Not even a plant to over water. I mean, this (Y/L/N) could be a real loner type. Somebody probably did a real number on this girl. An ex, maybe. I mean, no doubt the army taught her order and discipline but a desk like this could mean she has commitment issues," just as I finish up my profile, I look back over at Reid and JJ, and see them giving me strange looks.

My heart jumps to my throat and my entire being fills with panic and embarrassment.

"She's behind me right now, isn't she?" I ask cautiously. JJ gives me a small nod, and Reid just can't help himself from laughing at my embarrassment.

Standing up from the desk, I turn around and see a sight that I didn't expect. Standing in front of me is a beautifully rugged-looking woman who is about my height. She's wearing a leather jacket, and I can just see a peak of a tattoo that she has on her collarbone.

"Emily, meet (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)," Reid says.

"H...hey, nice to meet you," I stutter out as I reach across to shake her hand.

"Emily used to be part of our team, and now she's the unit chief for Interpol in London," Reid continues.

"Yeah, she's agreed to help us out while Hotch is off on a TDY and Lewis works on her research," JJ says.

"I'm on temporary duty so I'll be in and out," I say, still feeling the awkward tension from before. "I'll be working on and off. I'm on today. Obviously. I'm just...I'm really happy that I could, uh, come back, you know, and help..."

Stop talking Emily, just stop talking, my brain screams but I can't help myself.

"Truth be told, it's pretty hard to resist putting the band back together again, so...Yeah, so, I'm here to help." I finally finish talking and glance back at (Y/N), to see she has a large smile on her face.

"Well, we have a lot on our plate," she says, "glad to have the help."

"Speaking of," Reid says, causing you all to turn around and see Garcia rushing to the roundtable room, "it looks like we have a case."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Of course, just my luck that for the stakeout I would get partnered with (Y/N). Not only am I still embarrassed from the incident earlier, but I would be lying if I said I didn't think she was crazy hot.

Speaking of hot, it gets a little warm in the car we are sitting in, so halfway into the stakeout, (Y/N) takes off her jacket. It takes every part of me not to let my mouth drop open. Not only does she have the tattoo on her collarbone I got a peek at earlier, but she also has a couple on her very toned biceps.

I wonder if she has anymore, possibly in places that aren't so visible. The thought comes into my mind before I can stop it, and my face flushes red.

"You don't like stakeouts much?" she asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"If I never do a stakeout again, It'll be too soon," I say, causing her to laugh. God that laugh is even more beautiful than she is.

"You like them that much, huh?" she asks, teasingly.

"Let me count the ways," I say, "the ass numbing boredom, the greasy fast food, the cold coffee, and have I mentioned how much I hate peeing in the woods."

"Yeah," (Y/N) says with a nod, "I can see that about you."

"See what?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"You like things to be a certain way, you need a certain level of control." I must have been giving her a look of disbelief because she laughs again. "It's ok, everybody has their thing."

"I see somebody has been studying," I say.

"Oh I don't need to study to be able to profile you?" she says as she looks over at me.

"Oh really?" I ask, taken back by her boldness.

"Emily Prentiss, you are an open book," she says as she moves in her seat, and focuses all of her attention on me. "You're an east coast girl, but not Boston. Definitely not New York. I'm Bronx, born and raised so I would know. If I had to guess I would say D.C."

"Yeah ok, good guess," I say. She chuckles a bit before continuing.

"You are comfortable overseas, you probably traveled a lot as a kid. I'd say your parents were diplomats, or you were a military brat," she pauses for a moment while her gaze travels over me, "No, no definitely diplomats."

"You had to have read my file," I say to her, amused and surprised at how good she is at this.

"Nope," she says with a shake of her head, "I'm just good at knowing people. And now I have profiled you, so we are even." The smile falls off my face, and I instantly feel guilty again.

"I'm sorry about earlier," I say.

"It's all good," she says with a shrug, "You're a pretty decent profiler, you managed to get most of it right."

"So what did I get wrong?" I ask.

"Oh," she says as her voice drops to an almost whisper, "I don't know you well enough to tell you that." Shivers run down my spine when I realize that at some point in the conversation, we had drifted closer to each other, and now we are barely a foot apart.

Suddenly we see headlights driving up, and the tension is broken.

"Looks like that could be our guy, let's check it out," she says as she winks at me, and gets out of the car.

This woman is going to be the death of me, I think as I quickly follow after her

~ This was just the first chapter mainly for introduction. There will be at least one more because I am in love with this idea. The next chapter will hopefully be up sometime tomorrow. Xoxo ~