Competition

~ Sorry for falling off the face of the earth, things are pretty hectic with school. I will still try to update, but there probably won't be regular updates again for a little bit. Also, I won't be continuing the arrested storyline for now, maybe in the future. Thank you for being so patient. ~

"Hello beautiful," Morgan says as you walk by his desk one morning. You roll your eyes at him and flick him in the back of the head.

"Don't let Garcia hear you saying that. She might get jealous." You set your bag down next to your desk and plop down in your chair. Morgan gets up and walks over to you.

"She knows she will always be my babygirl. But seriously, you look good today." He props himself on the edge of your desk, and you lean back in your chair with your arms crossed over your chest.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I look the exact same as yesterday, but I appreciate the compliment."

Just then Reid walks into the bullpen. But as he does, you notice he glances over and gives Morgan a dirty look.

"Hey, is Reid mad at you?" You ask Morgan as you motion over to the genius, who is now sitting at his desk. Morgan looks over at Reid before looking at you and shaking his head.

"He probably just stayed up too late reading the dictionary or something," he says with a shrug.

"Stop flirting Derek," Emily says as she looks down at the two of you from the top of the stairs. "We have a case." Morgan makes a face that looks like Emily's comment got under his skin. You just laugh, before getting up and following Emily to the roundtable room.

As you get in and sit down next to Emily, she slides a cup of coffee over to you with a wink. You smile at her, giving her a silent thank you, and take a sip as the rest of the team piles in.

Garcia tells you all about the case, and once Hotch says wheel's up in 30, you stand up and start to walk to grab your go-bag. But as you do, Reid rushes up to you.

"(Y/N), hey," he says as he walks next to you.

"Hey Reid, what's up?"

"Uh jus tout of curiosity, what were you and Morgan talking about earlier?" he asks nervously.

"Nothing really, he was just being Morgan, you know how he is. Is there something going on between you two?" you ask, as you study Reid's face.

"No, not at all," he says as he smiles at you, but you don't buy it.

"Ok, if you say so." You continue to walk to your desk and Reid goes to his, but you can't help thinking about how strange the boys were acting. Little did you know this was only the beginning.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"It's so strange JJ, it's like something is making them all act weird around me."

It had been a week, and JJ had agreed to let you sit in her office for a while, to get away from Reid and Morgan. She said it was fine as long as you didn't distract her too much, but you both know that she was perfectly fine ditching some work to hear your gossip.

"Weird how?" she asks.

"Well the other day Morgan offered to write up my reports for the case, and he hates writing the reports. And Reid has just been prattling facts non-stop. Like even more than normal. Did you know that stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve stainless steel?"

"Uh, no I did not know that," she says as she gives you a confused look.

"Yeah, me neither." She laughs at you before picking up some of the papers in front of her and starting to get back to work. Suddenly there is a knock on the door and as it opens, Morgan's head peeks around the corner to smile at you.