Wedding - Part 1

For what felt like the first time in forever, the team was finally getting the weekend off. As you were all packing up and getting ready to head home and not see this place for the next few days, you could feel the excitement in the air.

"I can't wait to get home," Tara says as she puts away the files that were on her desk. "I have a long weekend planned of spa days, pedicures, and hot tubs."

"Oh I might have to join you in that," you say.

"The more the merrier sister," she says as she smiles at you. "What about you JJ?"

"Will and I are taking the boys down to New Orleans to spend some time with his family," she says.

"That sounds fun!"

"I don't have any plans," Reid says, as he still sits at his desk, jotting something down on the piece of paper in front of him.

"Yeah you do," Luke says as he walks over to Reid and takes the paper out of his hand, "Rossi, Matt, and I were going to catch a game this weekend, but Matt had to back out. So now we have an extra ticket."

"I don't do really sports," Reid says as he reaches up and tries to grab the paper back from Alvez.

"Uh and I don't really care," Rossi says as he too walks over, "you're coming."

Just then Emily walks out of her office and heads down the stairs.

"What about you boss lady?" you call up to her.

"Huh?" she asks as she glances up. Apparently, your question knocked her out of some serious thoughts.

"Weekend plans, what are yours?" Tara asks.

"Uh, I have a wedding to go to," she says.

"Oh I love weddings," you say, a smile coming onto your face. Emily looks over at you, clearly not matching your excitement.

"It's my ex's wedding."

"Mendoza?" JJ asks, and Emily nods.

"I didn't even know he was dating again," Tara says.

"Yeah, me neither," Emily says with a shake of her head. You glance around and notice that everybody seems to be sharing an understanding of the situation that you aren't.

"Wait who is Mendoza?" you ask.

"Emily's ex boy toy," Rossi says, with a cheeky look.

"What happened between you two?" you ask, your curiosity getting the best of you.

"I told him I was a raging lesbian," Emily says with a shrug. "He was ok with it and we ended on good terms. Good enough that he wants me to come to his wedding."

"You're seriously going to go?" Luke asks.

"I was going to, but I can't show up alone, that'll just be awkward."

"So you have to find somebody to go with you," you say with a soft chuckle as you think about all of those cheesy Hallmark movies that you had seen where they were in this exact situation. The room goes silent, and you can suddenly feel everybody's eyes on you.

"What?" you ask as you look around and notice everybody giving you the same suggestive look.

"(Y/N), will you please come with me?" Emily asks as she gives you puppy dogs and walks over closer to you.

"No way am I going to be dragged to a wedding," you respond.

"You just said you loved weddings," Luke says with a laugh.