Profiler - Part 2

*Reader POV

You guys wrapped the case up fairly quickly, you and Emily being the ones to take the guy down. Now that all of you were back in Quantico, you are sitting at your desk finishing paperwork, while JJ and Emily are catching up at JJ's desk.

"Hey, (Y/N)," JJ calls over to you, "we're headed over to O'keefe's. You wanna come?" She asks.

"Thanks for the invite, but I have some work I am going to finish up," you say as you point to the report you are writing about the case you just finished.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road, this lady needs to get her drink on," Garcia says as she walks over, causing all of you to laugh.

"Please tell me you are coming," she says as she looks over at you, "I need my designated driver." You shake your head in response as you point to the file again.

"Sorry love, I have work to do." Garcia pouts and gives you her puppy dog eyes.

"Can't it wait until tomorrow, we barely have any fun when you're not there," she pleads.

"Hey, what are we chopped liver?" Emily asks in mock offense.

"Well I guess if I can't have my girl, then you two will do," Garcia says dismissively before walking towards the elevator.

The three of you laugh and shake your heads at her before JJ starts walking after her.

"I just need thirty more seconds," Emily calls to JJ, and JJ gives her a thumbs-up as she continues to follow Penelope.

Emily walks over to your desk, and you can tell that she seems a little nervous.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey," you say back.

"You did some nice work today," Emily compliments you.

"Thank you," you say with a smile, "you too."

She smiles at you awkwardly, before nodding her head and turning around, and heading towards the elevators.

"Hey, Emily," you call after her, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around.

"Did you change your mind about O'Keefe's?" she asks, hopefulness in her voice.

"Uh, no, I didn't," you say, and you can see Emily's eyes fill with disappointment. "I just wanted to say that I am glad you are here."

"Oh, well you know I am only here to help," she says, as she nervously bites her lip, and suddenly your mouth goes dry and your heart skips a beat.

"Well, thank you," you manage to say.

Emily shoots you a small wave, before quickly turning around and walking back to JJ and Garcia.

Once she has out of your sight, you relax your body and lean back in your chair, your head thrown back looking at the ceiling. You let out an exasperated sigh, mentally cursing yourself for being so awkward. Your normal, cool, calm, and collected attitude completely goes out of the window when she is around.

What is she doing to you?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

*Emily's POV*

"You know," I hear Garcia telling JJ as I approach the two of them, "I think the reason she's not coming with us is because of somebody named Chase."

"Oh tell me more," JJ says.

"Come on guys," I say as we all step into the elevator, "there is no way."

"Why do you say that?" JJ asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you two serious?" I ask, confused. The two of them look at me, obviously just as confused as I am. "Nevermind."

The elevator starts to descend and the two of them continue their gossiping, and I let them. Maybe it was wishful thinking, or maybe it's just because I have a better gaydar, but there was no way that (Y/N) is straight right?

I mean if the tattoos weren't a dead giveaway, then the leather jacket definitely was. But I guess I couldn't expect the two of them to realize it though, they didn't even know that I was gay until I told them.

But maybe I am just making assumptions, maybe (Y/N) isn't gay. Maybe she really does have a boyfriend named Chase.

I am suddenly filled with a very uneasy feeling. Why does the thought of that make me uneasy? There is no way that I am jealous, I have only known her for like a day.

"So who is going to be the DD?" I hear Garcia ask, as the elevator doors open.

"We can take an Uber," JJ suggests.

"Is (Y/N) always the designated driver?" I ask, and they nod in response. "That doesn't seem fair."

"Oh, she doesn't drink," Garcia says matter of factly. That takes me by surprise.

"Why?" I ask, but all I get in response are shrugs.

"She's not very open with her personal life," JJ says as the three of you walk out of the building. "But if anybody can get her to open up, I'm pretty sure it'll be you."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

*Reader POV*

The next morning, the girls are a funny sight to see as they walk into the BAU. You can't help but let out a giggle at Garcia stumbling her way towards her office.

"What did you guys do to her?" you ask JJ as she walks to her desk.

"We told her to stop, but you know how she is," she says.

"And what about you two?" you ask, looking at Emily in particular who seems to be in surprisingly good shape.

"You don't have to worry about me," she says as she sits down at her desk across from you. "I can handle my drinks." She winks at you, and you duck your head to hide the blush on your face.

"I learned some things about you," you hear her whisper, causing you to look back up at her.

"Oh really?" you question.

"Yep. Mind if I take a shot?"

"Knock yourself out," you say as you cross your arms and prepare for whatever she is about to say.

"You have a man in your life," she says suddenly, and you almost laugh at how wrong she is. "But he's not human." Now that you didn't expect.

You reach into your pocket and open your phone. Pulling up your photos, you show Emily the man in your life. Your dog, Chase.

"You got another one right, congratulations," you say as she takes the phone out of your hand. "You'll have to come over and meet him sometime."

She turns her nose up and hands the phone back to you.

"Thank you, but I'm more of a cat person," she says, causing you to laugh.

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," you say, and she smirks at you.

"You don't know me as well as you think," she says as she crosses her arms over her chest and leans back in her chair.

"Hm, we'll see," you say with a shrug.