pre-apocalypse

before

memories of my childhood were almost never bad, mostly good and happy. my two sisters and i always together, never apart.

i guess as we grew, things became different. college and high school took its toll on all of us, including my parents.

i was the youngest, last to leave the house i used to call home before my mom and dad split. after that i never saw it as anything more than four walls and a roof.

both my sisters grew up and went to college, leaving me in the two split houses until i was also old enough to leave also.

when i did have the nerve to, i never even thought about looking back. well, that was until my dad passed from a heart attack.

i would call my sisters here and there, same with them. we were all still close, only we couldn't express our love and liking for each other like when we were kids.

my mother didn't bother to call me after i left. she'd send texts on holidays, but nothing more.

we had never gotten along well after my dad and her split. i was always a daddies girl, and nothing could change my mind.

our views on life were different, politics, even my future job choice caused her face to turn into a sour expression. i hadn't known why either, considering i was planning on being a surgeon for a hospital outside the city.

that's how i learned at a young age that you can't please everyone.
___________

   besides family matters, i had managed to move outside the city and into a small house with my ex partner.

he was a horrible man, the abuse and hate i taken never left me the same as i was before.

my sister, davina, had to take things into her own hands when she was visiting me one time. for her i am forever greatful.

leaving him gave me more time to focus on my studies, that soon lead me to graduate with a degree in medicine.

during that point in time of life i was happy. i had started my residency at a hospital called harrison memorial hospital and was doing really good there.

little did i know that my happiness was going to harden, and my life was gonna change. for the better or for the worst? i did not have the answer.

________________________________
2/2/2021