ch.22

made to suffer

me and glenn both sat on the ground, alone in empty and silent room. my body trembled from the prior experiences and abuse.

glenn was now shirtless, considering he gave me his shirt so i could cover up. blood covered his face and neck from the beating merle gave him.

"melanie, did he..." glenn mumbled as i turned my head, cutting him off, "no. no. he barley touched me"

my eyes examined his bruises and bloodied face, causing anger and sadness to rush through my body.

"look at what they did to you" i uttered, giving him a look before turning away, unable to look anymore.

"doesn't matter. as long as he didn't..." i shook my head, leaning back against the wall, "no. i promise."

glenn gave me a small nod, pulling me into a hug. i wrapped my arms around his body, feeling safe in his embrace. like i was home again.

my eyes fell on a walker, laying limp on the ground. my mind filled with ideas as i pulled away, "hey"

i picked myself up off the ground, limping to where he laid. glenn followed, watching as i bent down, pulling the walkers arm out of socket.

"here" glenn said, taking the arm out of my hand, already knowing what my idea was. he broke the bone in half, peeling the loose skin off.

"you don't hesitate to hurt or kill anyone who walks through those doors, okay? not after what they've done to us." glenn stated, giving me an intense look.

i nodded, pulling one of the sharp bones out of his hand.

a heard footsteps coming closer, causing my head to shoot to the door and then back to glenn, who nodded, moving in that direction.

i followed, watching as the door handle turned, opening the door. before they could enter, we burst through, each of us taking one guy.

i slammed the guy up against the wall, and pierced through his neck with the sharp bone. i gave it a twist, letting his body slide down the wall.

my eyes fell to the gun next to him, which i quickly picked up, turning to aim it at merle. "let him go!"

merle tilted his head, a grin forming on his face as he released glenn, raising his hands, "okay"

a gun clicked behind me, causing me to close my eyes in frustration, already knowing we had been trapped.

a hispanic guy grabbed me up by my waist, pulling me back into the room. tears began to fall as he placed me on the floor, forcing me to my knees.

glenn was soon shoved down beside me, looking just as defeated.

"glad we could catch up" merle mumbled, moving out of my view. glenns hand moved to mine intertwining our fingers.

"just keep looking at me." he uttered as i turned my head, giving him a frown knowing they were gonna kill us. these were gonna be our last moments.

"i love you" i cried out just before a bag was shoved over my head and forced to my feet.

just as they began to move us, i heard something hit the ground, soon followed by a loud explosion.

the bag was ripped off my head, revealing daryl who stood in front of me. "daryl." i sighed, relief flooding through my body as he grabbed me up, running out.

we ran until we got to a building, rushing inside before anyone saw us. i fell to the ground with glenn, holding him in my arms.

"how bad are you hurt?" rick questioned, glancing at us as he walked by, "we'll be alright" glenn replied, holding his side.