ch.10

save the last one

while maggie cooked us up something to eat, we headed up to where the rest were, hoping to give them somewhat support.

"hey" glenn greeted, turning lori and ricks attention away from carl and to us. i gave a small smile, walking to where lori sat, rubbing her arm.

she placed her hand on my own, forcing a small smile back. "um, we're here, okay?" glenn assured, removing his hat.

"thank you"

i nodded, pulling away from lori to head back downstairs, giving them their space. i took a glance at carl before i fully exited the room.

his skin was pale and his breathing slow. my heart-ached for him, only wanting to see the happy kid i knew he was.

"he's gonna be alright, come on" glenn whispered, intertwining our fingers, pulling me away from the room.

we followed maggie into the dining room, watching tdog get stitched up by another women, named patricia.

"merle dixon, is that your friend with the antibiotics?" patricia questioned, earning a scoff from both me and tdog.

"no ma'am. merles no longer with us." glenn informed, giving me a glare. "daryl, his brother, gave us those" i finished, earning a nod from both her and maggie.

"not sure id call him a friend." tdog sneered, grunting in pain during the process. "he is today. this doxycycline might have just saved your life. you know what merle was taking it for?"

"the clap" me and glenn said in unison, earning a concerning look from the two. we both shot glances at each other, clearing our throats.

"um, venereal disease. that's what daryl said" glenn corrected us, trying to brush off what we had just said.

"i'd say merle dixon's clap was the best thing to ever happen to you." patricia stated, causing me to choke from her words.

"we're gonna take a minute" glenn mumbled, pulling me outside and away from them.

he sat down on the stairs, patting the ground next to him, pleading for me to take a seat. "that was interesting" i chuckled, taking a seat on the stairs.

"very" he muttered, wiping his eyes, trying to rub the sleepiness away. after awhile of sitting, i felt my eyes droop, feeling a flood of tiredness take over my body.

i yawned, moving to where my head was in glenns lap, resting it near his knees. i felt his tough hands start to trace my facial features, almost putting me to sleep.

after awhile he stopped, probably figuring i was asleep. truth was, no matter how tired i was, sleep didn't come easy anymore.

my eyes slowly fluttered open, admiring his face as he closed his eyes, lipping words to himself.

"are you praying?" i questioned harshly, not trying to be. just surprised is all, i never expected this out of glenn rhee.

his eyes shot open, looking down at my eyes that had been looking at his. "i thought i'd gotten you to sleep, you need the rest"