ch.42

forget

    i slowly made my way to the infirmary, not quite jumping in joy to meet new people but i knew what needed to be done.

   my hand reached for the door handle, turning it slightly, walking into the building. the smell of the room giving me deja vu as i entered.

   "you're melanie? the woman deanna was talking about." an unknown man asked, pointing to me.

   "uh yes." i uttered, forcing my socially awkward self to be social, the man smiled now reaching out his hand, "pete anderson, head doctor of alexandria."

   i nodded, hesitantly reaching out my hand. "you guys have a nice infirmary here" i stated, looking around the room, once i pulled my hand away.

   "yes, we are very great full." he started, turning around to give me a tour, "of course you don't mind me asking, what were you trying to be in the medical field?" he asked, coming off slightly rude.

    "i was in residency, training to be a trauma surgeon" i informed him, earning a weird stare.

"why trauma? neuro or cardio would have paid more." he stated, his change in tone becoming stern.

   "uh, because i liked the adrenaline. did someone ever ask you why you are the way you are?" i asked sarcastically, my blood boiling from his comment.

   "why did i expect you to be different from the other women around here?" he mumbled to himself, while preparing meds for a patient.

   i paused for a minute, shooting him a dirty look, "im not "other women"" i started, getting into his face, "i am satan and i will not hesitate to kill anyone who insults me and other women."

    he opened his mouth to say something, but before he could. i turned around quickly, heading out the door.

    he caused my blood to boil, and i knew i had to get out of the walls for awhile to calm my shit.

   i went straight for the pantry, brushing past olivia to grab my gun. when she tried to stop me i ignored her, heading for the gates.

   i stopped in my tracks, seeing glenn and deannas son in each other's faces. soon daryl appearing by my side as we watched the scene.

   "no one's impressed man. walk away" glenn warned, his gaze never leaving aiden's.

   daryl nudged my arm, making my eyes turn to where deanna was, storming to the scene.

"aiden! what is going on?" she questioned, stomping her way to the guys side.

   "this guys got a problem with the way we do things." aidan scoffed, causing me to race to glenns side, already pissed enough.

   "why did you let these people in?" aiden asked his mom, turning in her direction, not seeing me close behind glenn.

   "because we actually know what we're doing out there." glenn remarked, pissing aiden off as he quickly turned around throwing a punch.

   lucky for glenn he ducked in time, dodging aiden's punch. while i felt a hard impact across my face almost knocking me over.