ch.24

i aint a judas

   we all gathered inside the prison, discussing our next moves. i stood beside glenn and daryl, who had returned with his brother.

    "field's filled with walkers, didn't see any snipers out there, but we'll keep maggie and melanie on watch." we all nodded in response to ricks words.

   "we can't access the field without burning through our bullets." hershel stated, glancing between the six of us that gathered.

   "so we're trapped in here. there's barley any food or ammo."

   "been here before. we'll be all right." daryl assured, causing glenn to shake his head, "that's when it was just us. before there was a snake in the nest."

    i knitted my brows, pulling his arm so he would back away from daryl. "glenn, don't..."

   "look merles staying here. he's with us now. get used to it, all y'all."

   i watched as daryl stormed away, putting my hand over my mouth, unsure how to mend this group.

   "seriously, rick, i don't think merle living here is really gonna fly. we wouldn't ask you to live with shane after he tried to kill you."

      rick glanced between the two of us, staying silent from glenns comment. "merle may be erratic, but don't underestimate his loyalty to his brother"

   "what if we solve both problems at once? deliver merle to the governor. bargaining chip." glenn started, causing all of us to turn to him, "give him his trader, maybe declare truth."

   i sighed, stepping out of the room, walking towards where hershel had went a couple minutes ago.

   he was in the room with merle, causing me to hesitate as i leaned against the doorway, still not sure of his intentions.

   "...when the governor returns, he's gonna kill me first." i now stepped fully into the room, sitting down next to hershel, intrigued by the conversation.

   "michonne, melanie, my brother, and then your girls." merle mumbled, pointing to hershel after his last words.

    "glenn, carl, the baby, whoever else is left. he'll save rick for last so he can watch his family and friends die ugly. that's who you're dealing with"

"not that i would want a peace treaty after what he did, but why wouldn't he try and work things out with us instead of starting a war?"

    i  was still pissed at merle for torturing me and glenn but he was the only one who could give us all answers.

"he gets what he wants, and he doesn't like sharing." merle replied, looking at me as i continued thinking about that night and what they did.

i stood up, not able to take anymore of merle as i walked out of the room.

    my mind tried to think of something else, other than the governors plan for my death.

just as i walked into the cell block, a group of the others started running towards me, causing me to run along with them.